Second permission secured

Evening all. Well this Sunday I've been asked to go an meet the owner of a local large golf club to help with their geese problem. Apparently he says there's around 2000 causing havoc and the members aren't happy with the damage that's occuring.

He paid a professional pest controller £4000 over the last 2 years. He comes, gets rid of them for a bit then they come back so my friends farther in law who is on the committee has asked me to attend as regular as possible. They'll pay fuel and cartridges so if it all works out one happy shooter here. Also will be looking once it's confirmed and I've got written permission I'll be looking to take people out with me off here who don't have LAN to shoot on. Just wanted to share my good news. ATB 425

Happy days great news pal,

I've got a couple of golf courses, great in winter, but be prepared for some very early starts in summer.some golfers are on the course as day breaks in summer ie 5.30 am, so I have to be on there at bout 3am to get some bunnies bagged before they start,

It's all good though,

Usually plenty of bunnies and as said geese on golf courses, plus foxes but they won't let me shoot them as they help keep bunnie numbers down, which is fair enough,

Atb

Flynny

Thanks for the comments chaps. I'm aware as a former golfer it will be silly times I'm shooting but I'm more than happy to get up early doors. Only 2 months ago I had no where to shoot. Now I have a good stretch either side of a canal and a golf course. ATB 425

Edited by Browning 425 clay hunter

Hi all. I'm going down Sunday to have a chat and get a hand written permission letter and be shown the boundaries but I have a question for the PW collective. The golf club in question owns the land and is owned by several committee members. So who sights the letter, who has the rights if several of them own it. One of them, all I them ?

It sounds like you've captured the Unicorn in terms of land and what they're willing to pay/do for you.

So... Not to sound like I'm putting a massive downer on it, here goes:

Just don't ruin it by inviting people you know very little about. There are plenty of stories on here of people offering shooting to others, only to see their rights pulled from under their feet or revoked via the landowner...

Choose your buddies wisely - you're privileged to have land and you'd be surprised the lengths people go to ensure they get their own land to themselves....

Get out there, shoot what you can and if you're struggling, then call in the help. I'd get to know the land very very very well before you start trusting someone to start firing a gun across someone else's land. It's a golf course, so you've got the added danger of members of the public appearing at all hours. Knowing where people congregate and when the old bloke doing his 5am dog walk comes from and walks to (hypothetically speaking)

Edited by Billy.

Hi all. I'm going down Sunday to have a chat and get a hand written permission letter and be shown the boundaries but I have a question for the PW collective. The golf club in question owns the land and is owned by several committee members. So who sights the letter, who has the rights if several of them own it. One of them, all I them ?

Perhaps easiest to ask the Signatory to write something like the following.

I hereby confirm, on behalf of the Blah Blah golf club that I have the authority to confirm Shooter A has the club's permission to shoot ****** on all the land edged red in the attached plan.

Should do it if signed.

Thanks for the advice billy and kes. Maybe I should take my time before taking people out with me. Get to know the course first. And cheers kes. I'll get the letter done pretty much as you've said.

I know how hard it can be to get land around here so eventually it would be nice to take decent members off here out for the day and put a bit back into the PW community. I've met some top blokes off here and considering when I first joined I was a bit of a ****** on here arguing with a few regulars it would be nice to get out with new faces but maybe I'm a it keen to rush into it.

ATB 425

had the same situation on two golf course. cleared the rabbits from one and got offered a full time job. the other was not so easy as this was gease and they were awkward to shoot as it was right next to a holiday camp. the golf courses are great to shoot for, but you will need to put time in and they will support you well.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you've captured the Unicorn in terms of land and what they're willing to pay/do for you.

Just don't ruin it by inviting people you know very little about. There are plenty of stories on here of people offering shooting to others, only to see their rights pulled from under their feet or revoked via the landowner...

Choose your buddies wisely - you're privileged to have land and you'd be surprised the lengths people go to ensure they get their own land to themselves....

Get out there, shoot what you can and if you're struggling, then call in the help. I'd get to know the land very very very well before you start trusting someone to start firing a gun across someone else's land. It's a golf course, so you've got the added danger of members of the public appearing at all hours. Knowing where people congregate and when the old bloke doing his 5am dog walk comes from and walks to (hypothetically speaking)

:good: :good: :good:

great offer chap.

I went for a look around last Sunday and was shown all the boundaries and so on. Looks awesome. Working all weekend so probably next weekend before I get chance to shoot it.

I'm going to take the advice from here, get a good few outings and once I know the land properly I'll take a few out.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally got chance to have my first go at the geese today on my new perm. I had a walk round to makesure everyone was off the course then spotted where they were, on the 17th fairway making a mess.

I managed to walk within 20ft of the last 3 Canada's to take off and one shot of gamebore mammoth 3" 36gr no 1 and that was that, about 70/80 took flight and landed on the other side of the course so I took the one I got to the car and as I looked up there all going back to the original spot. I Walked back but they took flight at about 100yds from me and over the motorway so job done for the night.

I cant upload pictures, but if any kind member could upload them for me that would be great. ATB 425

• 3 weeks later...

No hypothetically about it last night we stood in the trees on a golf course foxing with night vision all of a sudden a torch was being flashed around, we stood there whilst three lads with two lurchers and a whippet walked by not seeing us, their dog found us but we shooed it off, then whistled and the lads stopped looked around then walked over to us, then said they were going home and carried on over to the other side of the course lamping as they went. this is at 1AM did you know a small lurcher looks just like a fox as it trots along.

we also have four other golf courses we shoot and you would be suprised what we have seen from a couple making love in a gate way with a dog next to them tied to a post that also looked like a fox, a a group of people all dressed in robes in a circle chanting , these were all inn the middle of the night but with thermal vision and our Gen three and 2+ it was fun to watch

Edited by cheekychappy