Fox This Morning

belly47

had a call recently from the owner of one of my permissions as she had lost her chickens to a fox that had got in and killed them all.

I have been out at night on several occasions with night vision and rifle and not seen anything at all, so has been bugging me a lot.

So I went out this morning just as it was getting light, thinking I will have a call for a while before heading off somewhere else after pigeons.

I went to the same spot I have been successful before and put out my u caller and I went and hid myself in the hedge about 25 yards or so away.

after about ten minutes I sensed some movement off to my left further back in the trees, I carried on calling but lowered the volume a tad and out popped this small vixen, as I raised my shotgun she turned and looked at me and 36g of BB found its mark.

the owner was well pleased but I still have work to do there as she has seen a few about of late.

I have a trail cam on its way to me so will try baiting an area and see how I get on.

but a good start to the day!!!

24.01.2015%20janes_zpsbhvcvpft.jpg

24.01.2015%20janes%20c_zps2rrsjgnz.jpg

Edited by belly47