PW CATTON RIFLE SHOOT WEEKEND 2ND/3RD MAY 2015.

SPARKIE

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1645hrs Monday. The trusty old landy got me home safe and sound. Son and myself spent an extra night on the camp site and went to the National Arboretum before heading off home.

Thank you Carl. Thank you Rob. A very big thank you to Martin for all your hard work in making it happen.

Thank you Jim for letting me shoot the splendid .303 Lee Enfield... pure nostalgia.

Thanks to all who attended for your company and banter.

Thanks for the hot water Rob.... and the burger buns and the bacon.

More tomorrow and some pictures I hope - Things to do for The Memsahib.

Ben.

Edited by Grandalf

no i retired when he cranked the music up, as i new it would cause trouble next day.

That's what you are telling us but alix says you did not get back till earl the next morning and when you came out of the tent you was walking funny

Good to hear you had a safe journey grandalf nice seeing you again.

Great weekend, Nice to see some new faces and some of the older ones ;-) Thanks to those that spent time and effort setting it all up.

As for the 3 old men, It was nice to see you again, ;-)

Nice to see you again Grandalf and John. Certainly worth a trip to the Aboretum while you were there.

im glad I didn't stay for the night to be honest, I am not into heavy rock. I would have been tempted to tow it into the Trent. LOL

1645hrs Monday. The trusty old landy got me home safe and sound. Son and myself spent an extra night on the camp site and went to the National Arboretum before heading off home.

Thank you Carl. Thank you Rob. A very big thank you to Martin for all your hard work in making it happen.

Thank you for letting me shoot the splendid .303 Lee Enfield... pure nostalgia.

Thanks to all who attended for your company and banter.

Thanks for the hot water Rob.... and the burger buns and the bacon.

More tomorrow and some pictures I hope - Things to do for The Memsahib.

ben its always good to see you and have a chat. good to hear you had a safe journey home hope to see you next time .

//<![CDATA[

(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0<d){for(var a=Array(d),c=0;c<d;c++)a[c]=b[c];return a}return[]};var m=function(b){var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c<d.length;++c)a=a.concat(l(document.getElementsByTagName(d[c])));if(0!=a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(c=0;d=a[c];++c)q(b,d);a="oh="+b.i;b.c&&(a+="&n="+b.c);if(d=0!=b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),c=1;c<b.a.length;++c){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[c]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax&section=topics&do=quote&t=303871&p=2816901&md5check=b9933aff49f778c1985fce55be956214&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,g5-PMQTxAS0');

//]]>IMGP2387.jpgThis guy couldn't cope with rifle calibres so was reduced to shooting pistol rounds! :lol:Dougy was more interested in the naturist weekend in the next field.

And what rifle calibre do you shoot? Or do just go round looking at the men

Great weekend, Nice to see some new faces and some of the older ones ;-) Thanks to those that spent time and effort setting it all up.

As for the 3 old men, It was nice to see you again, ;-)

Nice to see you again Grandalf and John. Certainly worth a trip to the Aboretum while you were there.

im glad I didn't stay for the night to be honest, I am not into heavy rock. I would have been tempted to tow it into the Trent. LOL

As said already well done sparkie, fruit loop and catton Carl . It was well organised , professional , and safe.

Roll on next year

Edited by team tractor

good to see you all had a good time and got home safe, good to see you all again and hope the new ground met with your expectations, will look into booking one for next year for you as long as you all want to come again.

hope the clays went down ok we have all put a lot of effort into building the machines and now looking forward to getting them out for proper..... may be a pigeon watch simulated game day..........????? with BBQ

well have a think about it. Thanks again for coming and a pleasure to see a professional safe bunch of shooters that respect they sport and know how to enjoy themselves as well, great weekend see you all and more I hope next time

Carl

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=be2f5ada587e545aafc6963d48ce44c5&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=303871&p=2816926&md5check=24ad57c5929675d4c9dc2a0282c7ddea&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,InLqCebxZ14'); //]]></script>IMGP2374.jpg&&0

Benches and bales getting some use - names to faces please.

umm maybe I should change my name to Compo!

So working into the picture...... me, Welshwarrior, Fister and that's Fruitloop in the safety vest

Yep, that was the tall beardy 'lamping foxes' bloke with the VW, What complete inconsiderate cock !!!

(the only spoiler of the whole weekend)

Good job Scott was there with his tractor to jump start all these vehicles :lol:

Yeah there is a few photos and a video done of firing up some of these modern computerised cars !!! 30+ year old landy 2 --modern cars 0

Robson green laughed .... extream fishing !!!

Edited by mad1

good to see you all had a good time and got home safe, good to see you all again and hope the new ground met with your expectations, will look into booking one for next year for you as long as you all want to come again.

hope the clays went down ok we have all put a lot of effort into building the machines and now looking forward to getting them out for proper..... may be a pigeon watch simulated game day..........????? with BBQ

well have a think about it. Thanks again for coming and a pleasure to see a professional safe bunch of shooters that respect they sport and know how to enjoy themselves as well, great weekend see you all and more I hope next time

Carl

Simulated game day sounds fun

Carl

Simulated game day sounds fun