Benelli SuperNova - Sticky cartridge mechanism

FeatheredFriend

Hi All,

I have a Benelli SuperNova pump (and really enjoy the challenge of it at the sporting grounds where I can use it instead of my B725 Black, but I have noticed a bit of a 'problem'.

Loading a cartridge into the chamber is the easiest I have ever found. Drop and pump forward and it is in! Loading the gun with the other cartridges, however, does have a slight problem sometimes. The red plug sometimes gets stuck and makes it difficult to load the cartridge. I have to poke it back down the tube slightly and then retry. Not ideal.

It is a 2014 model, but I live miles away from where I bought it.

I know I could get in contact with them and they would sort it out through the warrantee, but I wondered if there was something I could do at home to sort this, or if there was something blindingly obvious that I have missed.

I gave it a douse with gun oil and it seemed to help a bit but soon got jammed again the next time I took it out.

All helpful comments well received.

Craig

I had a similar issue with my 2013 model, turns out the magazine cutoff didn't line up correctly from the factory. So they moved the magazine tube out half a turn.

Thus leaving a very small gap. Over time it created a burr with it's movement up and down the magazine tube. I tried oiling, cleaning etc and couldn't resolve it.

Gmk replaced the whole magazine tube assembly and it was sorted straight away. Although it may not be the same issue it does sound like it.

I think it's a very limited fault as the earlier model I had before this performed faultlessly.

Best to send it back and get it repaired I think.