Post a picture of your Vehicle!

inderraj

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was fun unbelievably quick up to 100 not a lot could keep up with it. Problem was 130 upwards it got very light lol and I never really pushed it passed that.

And just a note this was on track days.

There fun but got to say not the safest thing going.

As everything was very basic suspension wise and size of wheels ect.

man that must have been rapid!!

Doughnuts on the drive before setting off? :)

I used to have one of these, also 3 cylinders and 1 litre.

One day it burst into flames

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//{var d=b.length;if(0{var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload", B);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function( B){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this, B)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function( B){n.checkImageForCriticality( B)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function( B){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent( B)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in B)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=0cb88023982451afde8848459ee2634d&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=303967&p=2740103&md5check=f583e6a196ed3360e6df03cfdd784290&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,1zjGCy9aS1k'); //]]></script>8123160313_3d9aacd593.jpg&&0){for(var>

Is it a Whartburg? If is is I had one of these in about 1975 it was two stoke and went like a rocket I remember, chap left me a headgasket in the boot when I bought it thats when I realised it was 3 cylinder

I used to have one of these, also 3 cylinders and 1 litre.

One day it burst into flames

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//{var d=b.length;if(0{var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload", B);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function( B){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this, B)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function( B){n.checkImageForCriticality( B)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function( B){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent( B)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in B)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=0cb88023982451afde8848459ee2634d&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=303967&p=2740103&md5check=f583e6a196ed3360e6df03cfdd784290&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,1zjGCy9aS1k'); //]]></script>8123160313_3d9aacd593.jpg&&0){for(var>

Is it a Whartburg? If is is I had one of these in about 1975 it was two stoke and went like a rocket I remember, chap left me a headgasket in the boot when I bought it thats when I realised it was 3 cylinder

It was a Wartburg, 1000cc 3 cylinder two-stroke engine. Very well equipped for the period (early 1970's) and good value for money (the East Germans were short of hard currency),

As you say, it went very well, although the free-wheel took a little getting used to, so you had to drive it hard into corners.

Alas, one day, it developed a terminal electrical fault and incinerated very quickly

It was a Wartburg, 1000cc 3 cylinder two-stroke engine. Very well equipped for the period (early 1970's) and good value for money (the East Germans were short of hard currency),

As you say, it went very well, although the free-wheel took a little getting used to, so you had to drive it hard into corners.

Alas, one day, it developed a terminal electrical fault and incinerated very quickly

I cant for the life of me what happened to mine. Back then you could buy a car out of the "under £25" column in the Sheffield Star newspaper, if you were feeling flush you could get one out of the "under £50" column. :lol:

• 2 months later...

More excitingly I've dropped the Defender off at Urban Truck today, over near Milton Keynes - picking it up Friday after a good number of changes / additions. Can. Not. Wait !!

Hopefully Ive managed to attach some pics. I haven't bothered with a shot of the super new centre bit of the dash they have built to accommodate the double din Alpine unit, but it does look absolutely amazing........

And one from the back for good measure............

post-57415-0-97939500-1429905971_thumb.jpg

post-57415-0-99280800-1429906113_thumb.jpg

post-57415-0-61254100-1429906178_thumb.jpg