Why no Super 10 action?

secretagentmole

Had it out shooting just after Christmas and there was an almighty clack on firing! Alarmed I took the magazine out and cycled the bolt, no problem. Fired. Big problem! No air! Took buddy bottle off, air in bottle, put bottle back on, Cycled bolt, no air! The mechanism appeared to be OK. Luckily I had another gun with me so I could carry on hunting but I was broken hearted, my BSA was ********!

Now I had the blueprint service carried out on this over a year ago so I contacted Mr Bowkett, who immediately wanted to organise the collection of my rifle so he could fix the problem as he had an idea what it was! We had to go up to Tamworth to take a gun back so we went a bit further and dropped the S10 into Mr Bowkett and left it with him.

About a week later it was ready to collect and given the damned awful weather, the fact that both she and me have not been in the best of health recently and the timescale involved in getting there and back, we only managed to get my gun back yesterday.

Mr Bowkett has been a busy man! The original cause of the problem was the fact that the retaining bush valve stem seal circlip groove was badly machined, this allowed the circlip to come off and fall into the anti bounce mechanism, which meant you could not fire the gun! Mr B has replaced this with a nice nut instead! He also carried out a few more upgrades to the blueprint (which he has developed since my gun was done) and fitted all of these to the gun FOC!

Now the gun is making 11.6 ft lb with it's pellet of choice (Defiant Ogive 4.52mm heads) and is much quieter on firing! Ogives are also the most efficient pellet in that gun so I am not worried about the closeness to 12 ft lb!

How is that for service, it was not part of his upgrade that failed, but he still fixed it and then improved his existing work to make it even quieter and a shade more powerful!

excellent news Mr Mole,, Mr Bowkett is certainly a fine chap and very very good at what he does,,

can I ask you a question Mr Mole,,are you in any way involved with the distribution or making of defiant ogive,s as you are plugging them a lot lately,,if you are can you please send me a sample tin in .177 to test in my wolverine b as I have not tried them,,

many thanks sir ,,,,oh and will you stop digging our golf course up please mr mole :lol::lol: :lol:

I have not got any promo going on with H&N wish I did as I get through a fair few of these! Tell you what PM your address and I will see if I can pack a few of these silver bullets for use on were rabbits, were pigeons, were squirrels et al.

By the way I use 4.52mm. These were tested in the gun by JB and these were found to be the most accurate!

Hello MR Mole i had a similar experience with Mr Bowkett on a R10 MK1 i had a problem the rifle was sent back i told him i was happy to pay the post. When the rifle came back not only fixed but with upgrades as well F.O.C Mr B had returned my postage. i also had a super 10 blueprinted by JB what a difference it made i now have a second super 10 and am trying to decide if it needs a blueprint.or wait and apply for my FAC as the super 10 would be my choice in FAC.

ATB.

Wait and see if the FAC comes through then get it FAC blueprinted. He also has a new regulator (which is now part of the FAC tune I believe) which is non mechanical! This is a nice reg and he fitted one of those in the new sub 12 form gratis as we delivered the rifle to him and picked it up! So whammo upgraded regulator!

Oh and she does look nice out!

IMG_0248_zpspieslixz.jpg

IMG_0250_zpsp82hvcik.jpg

Had her out for zeroing and did a spot of roost shooting after. Think there must have been guns on the flightline as only one came in. See if you can guess where it landed!

IMG_0251_zpsmdbtgsnw.jpg

Yup right at the top of the highest damned fir tree!

Pigeon%20Here_zps7wd7shxu.jpg

Indicated by the red dot,

Just one shot and it was on the dirt, dead!

excellent news Mr Mole,, Mr Bowkett is certainly a fine chap and very very good at what he does,,

can I ask you a question Mr Mole,,are you in any way involved with the distribution or making of defiant ogive,s as you are plugging them a lot lately,,if you are can you please send me a sample tin in .177 to test in my wolverine b as I have not tried them,,

many thanks sir ,,,,oh and will you stop digging our golf course up please mr mole :lol::lol: :lol:

Sample sent as requested! :P

• 1 month later...

hi ! i have an old mark 1 superten ! thats got it were it counts ! was FAC 37ftlbs ! now i only get 55 shots per buddy bottle ! ,the gun has been totally rebuilt with custom springs ,

cigar unit ,

and a bog standard beech stock repolished , well i have my gun zerod in at 67yards roughly paced out

i found the best accurate pellets are accupells , ok there not the heaviest , weighty pellets drop like a stone,