Gotcha

wymberley

At my age any fox pooing and generally making a nuisance of itself on the farmer's lawn at 4am has no fear of me making my presence felt at that ungodly hour. Still, have to do something so set up a cage trap. No sooner done so than no more poo, no more noise and the farmer and his good lady are sleeping through the night. But left the trap just in case. Then the same one starts pooing in the silage trough. Move trap and re-bait. Same as before, it all goes quiet. Again, leave trap just in case. Just as with the pheasant, I think the noise and disturbance caused by the solar panel array installation work has sent the wildlife to all other points of the compass.Then last week it was spotted in the orchard. Phone call this morning. It was having a little nap after dining on a well (very) hung sqirrel. Didn't seem right to disturb it so quietly changed the little nap into the big sleep. Having a look, it was easy to see why the description I was given by the farmer made it unmistakeably the same one. I have never, ever, seen such a big head on a fox,