Gun Watch

Adams, R. Percussion muzzle loader

£525

13 bore Shotgun Trade Seller
Used - Average Condition Arlesey, Bedfordshire
Side by Side, Cylinder, Cylinder, 30" barrels
An105_r_adams_p1 An105_r_adams_p2 An105_r_adams_p3

Description

A good English 13 bore double barrel muzzle loading shotgun (circa 1860) by Robert Adams. 30" browned Damascus barrels (London proofed) with presentable bores and with bold signature of 'Robert Adams 76 King William St., London' on top rib. Locks signed by maker with good border and acanthus leaf engraving. Engraved percussion hammers (right hand one replaced at some stage), good lockup, mainsprings and trigger pulls. Figured walnut half stock with crisp chequering and vacant silver oval. Original brass tipped ramrod.

Section 58 gun, no licence required. Shipping £25

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Coney Basher. Message them here

Some light pitting in the bores which is only to be expected from a 150 year old gun, but still well shootable. I have shot this gun a few times at clays and it shoots extremely well.

Having said that, I am selling it as a Section 58 gun and anyone wanting to shoot it, must first put it on his or her SGC.

Join us Underdog...."light pitting" is not a problem.. My antique muzzle loader thats on ticket at the moment has bores like it spent the first 150 years of its life as a drain pipe ( im exaggerating, but i wouldnt consider the pitting light ) but there is plenty of meat left in the barrels, the breech plugs are good and solid and she drops them when i do my part.

• 2 weeks later...