Crow Bashing Today

pigeon controller

I had a call at 10.30 today , can I come a sort these crows out around the buildings, So I was set up at 12.00 a quick blow on my primus and I had my first decoy and the others just left the building like Elvis!!

I had to wait for a good half hour before the next victim arrived, Which I placed on the top of the bales behind me so it was visable as the wind was comming into my face and the birds were comming in from the back . This is an interesting shot as when you shoot them in the back they take longer to die as you are not hitting a vital organ etc. I did see a number fly on and eventually drop out of the sky at a distance these will become fox food as I was not going to roam the fields for crows. I Shot till 16.00 and picked up forty two . I had a chat with the farmer and he was pleased and told me of another hundred acres that he has just bought and that will be rape next year which is a cracking flightline down a narrow valley.

46308219-eb2e-44f1-ba78-8f9f2090fb06_zps

They shouldn't of come anywhere near that hide as it sticks out like a sore thumb, well one member would have you believe, nicely done pc

Pas de tout!

In the text I stated that the birds were coming in from the back so they did not se the hide as I had a roof on it and the green would match the ground ie grass. But at least it made JDog comment ???????

In the text I stated that the birds were coming in from the back so they did not se the hide as I had a roof on it and the green would match the ground ie grass. But at least it made JDog comment ???? ???

I was joking, of course. I fully realise that a good hide (such as yours) does NOT need to be 'dressed up' in order to be effective.

I was joking, of course. I fully realise that a good hide (such as yours) does NOT need to be 'dressed up' in order to be effective.

we are both having a pop at another thread on talk from the field, were some are saying you need to make a hide virtually invisible to shoot anything from it, its our way of rubbishing that theory :yes:

This 'PC' character is obviously new to the forum and must be a complete novice.

That hide sticks out like a sore thumb and the poor man has even placed it on the wrong side of the fence so that he has to climb the fence every time he gets out of the hide. Someone should take him out to give him some more experience. I fear lots of wasted days out with nothing to show for it unless he changes his ways.

This 'PC' character is obviously new to the forum and must be a complete novice.

That hide sticks out like a sore thumb and the poor man has even placed it on the wrong side of the fence so that he has to climb the fence every time he gets out of the hide. Someone should take him out to give him some more experience. I fear lots of wasted days out with nothing to show for it unless he changes his ways.

Oh Master. I learn so much when you open your mouth and utter such wise words!!!!!!!!!!!

The gate to the field was just off shot????????.