Normal gun oil or Legia spray

keg

will try the Legia next time.

save your money matey. i used it on a winchester sxp and it gummed everything up. plus it turned the black finish a hazy white colour. not impressed given the price!

i used the old formula of legia and had no issues at all, it must just be this new stuff.

I use legia to clean my guns bores they then get a couple of goes with a bore snake to get rid of any residue. As for the ejectors I remove them wipe them and refit them dry.I found that if you put oil on them it just attracted dirt.I have stored guns barrels up for over forty years and using my cleaning regime have never had a problem with stocks or action getting gummed up.Even more so with today's guns they do not need oil down the bores.Just the tiniest smear of grease on the hinge pin.atb

I use legia to clean my guns bores they then get a couple of goes with a bore snake to get rid of any residue. As for the ejectors I remove them wipe them and refit them dry.I found that if you put oil on them it just attracted dirt.I have stored guns barrels up for over forty years and using my cleaning regime have never had a problem with stocks or action getting gummed up.Even more so with today's guns they do not need oil down the bores.Just the tiniest smear of grease on the hinge pin.atb

Not strictly true about needing oil down the bores, as not all guns have chrome bores. Perazzi being one example and none of my Brownings have

Not strictly true about needing oil down the bores, as not all guns have chrome bores. Perazzi being one example and none of my Brownings have

All I can say is that some of the guns I have owned over the years some eighty plus years old never left oil in the bores never had any rust or actions gummed.If perazzi and browning rust in the cabinet perhaps the cabinet needs looking at or these makers need to get up to date with the construction of their barrels. With all that is available today in metal technology no gun should rust under normal conditions.

Edited by bostonmick

• 2 months later...

Is this to stop oil running onto the stock? In ads you always see barrels up in shotgun cabinets etc. excuse if a dumb qu, am new to this!

It's really to stop oil from entering the action where it can accumulate and congeal over time. Another reason is to prevent your recoil pad (if you have one) from compressing.