Montessa cota 247 1976

rcooke25552

Unless you get it very cheap you'll probably only get out of it what you put into it in parts etc, you'll make nothing for your time. For some reason the old Montesa models don't seem to have the same collectable values as the Bultaco models have. At a '76 model I'd have thought it's probably a UKR. If you post some pictures I can tell you what is original & what isn't.

Unless you get it very cheap you'll probably only get out of it what you put into it in parts etc, you'll make nothing for your time. For some reason the old Montesa models don't seem to have the same collectable values as the Bultaco models have. At a '76 model I'd have thought it's probably a UKR. If you post some pictures I can tell you what is original & what isn't.

Very sound advice there.

I've got a 350 Bultaco sherpa that I bought from a mate in tatty condition . I have rebuilt it over the years, to a reasonable standard , not concourse , as I intend to use it so I didn't want to be fretting if I scratched it :)

I dread to think how much it has cost me in parts and time , but I intend to keep it for a good few years, so that is irrelevant.

If you just want the bike , to do up and turn it around for a tidy profit , then I think you will really struggle. There just isn't the demand and interest for 70's trials bikes ......... yet.