Which clubs

muncher

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holbeach will give you shooting from Drove ends Dawesmere creek to Frampton, plus three washes at Earith ( day ticket required )

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hdwa.org.uk%2F&ei=D-TIVPTVG4jLaP6KgDg&usg=AFQjCNG92grTsPErqm4OAEkbXrrhh8Sidw&bvm=bv.84607526,d.d2s

South Lincs will perhaps give you more foreshore , though some of it will be a fair run for you from yours.

You cannot shoot the RAF camp as a South Lincs member though.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slwc.co.uk%2F&ei=euPIVPmTH83dauipguAP&usg=AFQjCNGZcWW9sx0q_gInSgxxX48SdLkO6A&bvm=bv.84607526,d.d2s

South Lincs is currently about £30 more than Holbeach , both good clubs though.

You also have the Spalding wildfowlers club .

They shoot the same area as Holbeach and are a co owner of the Earith washes with them .

Kirton and Frampton marshes cannot be shot by first year members of Spalding unless accompanied by a Spalding member.

Cost of Spalding is the same as Holbeach.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spaldingwildfowlers.co.uk%2F&ei=tPTIVKfPHcjnara_gegK&usg=AFQjCNHSk0AFn4q78HzpX2LM0TzceIoDRw

So its really a personal choice , South Lincs will give you a little more foreshore perhaps , but you will miss out on the camp which can offer some very good shooting at times , you would also not have the Earith Washes .

Spalding will give you the camp and Earith but you will not be able to shoot Frampton or Kirton unaccompanied for your first season.

Pay your money and take your choice !

Edited by fenboy

as fenboy said, all about choice, know holbeach has spaces and several PW members are in the club witch may help (know your a fowler but all new ground takes some getting used too) ATB. need any help pm me.

Cheers , I will do in a bit ,and yes we all need a bit of guidance on a new marsh it saves on a lot of time and makes life a lot easier .

Holbeach also offer new inexperienced members 6 trips fully guided by experienced members. Obviously you are experienced and if you proved that on the application you could go it alone but it's good to go with someone initially to find some of the better/safer places.

Where are the better places Graham , you have only shown me the safe ones :lol:

Dont think he's been since then. Wasn't sure if it was the tide or being eaten alive by the mozzies to the point of having sick time off work

Ah the early season mozzies, my favorite part of wildfowling :lol: I think i saw him start of last season. Its been almost that long since i visited sheps!

I am thinking of joining a couple of wash clubs this year but which ones ,as im a member of fenland thinking maybe Gedney and another but as the other share ground which is the best combo to cover most marsh ?

Cheers

If you join gedney and south lincs you can shoot the hole marsh as far as im aware and you can shoot earith on day ticket through south lincs also

If you join gedney and south lincs you can shoot the hole marsh as far as im aware and you can shoot earith on day ticket through south lincs also

I thought it was just Holbeach, Spalding and Leicestershire wildfowlers who co own Earith as far as I was aware south lincs cannot shoot it ?

Gents,

For clarification.

South Lincolnshire Wildfowlers Club has in place, since the 2013/14 season, a shooting arrangement with Leicester WA.

As a club we provide them with a number of 'day tickets' which any of their members can use.

Part of the arrangement with Leicester is that our club members do have access to the Earith Washes via the

day ticket process presently in place with the Earith Washes Group.

Steve Cook

Honorary Secretary

South Lincolnshire Wildfowlers Club

Gents,

For clarification.

South Lincolnshire Wildfowlers Club has in place, since the 2013/14 season, a shooting arrangement with Leicester WA.

As a club we provide them with a number of 'day tickets' which any of their members can use.

Part of the arrangement with Leicester is that our club members do have access to the Earith Washes via the

day ticket process presently in place with the Earith Washes Group.

Steve Cook

Honorary Secretary

South Lincolnshire Wildfowlers Club

So why on earth have members of the other clubs that are part of the Earith Washes Group not been informed?

If you going to join 2 clubs on the wash then choose carefully .. look at what ground you can shoot . Ie frontage of forshore To get your value for money . Theres a lot of wildfowers put 2+2 together over the last 2 seasons and joined the 2 clubs that have the most to offer.

Perhaps other clubs are cheaper than south lincs. but have you ever asked yourself why? ..

It's Not rocket science when you look at the frontage of foreshore we lease . So i would think they would have more overheads than some clubs ..

As for the inland washes i wouldn't comment on on something i was not 100% sure on .

There's some lads on here that have been wildfowling for a very short while and think they know it all .

Just saying ..

If you want any help in choosing then pm me . I would gladly point you in the right direction ..

Good luck..

Ww

Edited by washwildfowler