Bum, Belly, Beak, Bang!

Caravanman

We all see lead differently, so we can all give our opinions and probably confuse the OP. I don't use BBB, but it's a good starting point, and OP will gain his own style of shooting with good effect with time.i could shoot crossing, Moorhens, pigeons, pheasant, geese and anything else for that matter, and feel I give none more lead than the other. It just I pick up their speed with the mount pull through and shoot. It's a learning curve after all, so just enjoy! :)

The best lesson I ever had about lead was I was on the marshes duck shooting ,when two ducks came by me one behind the other . I mounted and shot at the one in front and killed the one behind clean . My mate shouted good shot . I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was aiming at the other one . Believe me I did learn from this lesson .

Harnser

I had exactly the same experience with a couple of pigeons, it looked like they were coming in to the decoys but turned at the last minute, probably 60 yards out I already had the gun mounted so swung through them settled on a good lead on the front bird and fired, the bird 12 inches behind him folded and dropped, I couldn't figure out if I had slowed the gun on firing or just judged it wrongly but I still ended with another kill, I had to have a little chuckle to myself as I walked out to collect him, every experience is a lesson to be learned, that's how we go on improving, :lol::lol:

god guys you make it sound like a sience lesson

dont you just swing and alter lead instinkivly

sorry about my spelling

i find when i start thinking i start missing

I,m with on this, you can't have all these thoughts in your head when you put the gun up to a clay, or game by the time you have done all of the nonsense the clay or bird will be 70 yards away, instinct is the key its just feeling of I,m on this, then pull the trigger, ok different for novices but to much thinking equals to many misses

it is hard for a novice my dad started taking me decoying 30 odd years ago

i found my own way and i did the same with my son how now can hold his own in any hide or gun line

ive had a few lessons but came away more confussed and no better shot

i dont kill every thing i bring a gun up to but who does i have off days like everyone else

but enjoy my shooting

i

it is hard for a novice my dad started taking me decoying 30 odd years ago

i found my own way and i did the same with my son how now can hold his own in any hide or gun line

ive had a few lessons but came away more confussed and no better shot

i dont kill every thing i bring a gun up to but who does i have off days like everyone else

but enjoy my shooting

I agree with your last sentance

You will not catch me with any of those Lincolnshire or Norfolk shooters in order to show myself up.

You are not worried about being shown up........more worried about what could happen in the hide.......you know the reputation us "country boys" have... :hmm:

I,m with on this, you can't have all these thoughts in your head when you put the gun up to a clay, or game by the time you have done all of the nonsense the clay or bird will be 70 yards away, instinct is the key its just feeling of I,m on this, then pull the trigger, ok different for novices but to much thinking equals to many misses

Thats the whole point of learning the right way,you shouldn't have to think, when you learn to drive a car its always difficult to remember everything but it becomes instinctive the more you drive, its exactly the same with shooting,at first it seems to be a lot to think about , but if you learn the right way, it becomes totally instinctive to the point you don't even have to think, you see the bird lift into it and pull the trigger, your instincts should , if you have been taught properly, bring your gun to the point of fire and in most cases result in a good clean kill, if you are constantly changing your style you will miss or damage a lot more birds due to your constantly changing firing point. It will also cause a lot of self doubt and loss of confidence.Just settle on a style that suits you and practice until it is completely automatic, whether its clays or live quarry it makes no difference :yes::yes: