dyfed powys sgc

gaz0203

Hi iv just joined and have a question. I posted my application 7 weeks ago, phoned them after 2 weeks to make sure it had been received which it had and was told turnaround was around 8-10 weeks so I've left it be. Thing is the cheque was only cashed last week. Does this mean I'm getting closer to having it granted or does the cheque cashing just mean that's the first time theyve looked at it and Il be waiting 10 weeks from now for it?

I'm in the queue also. Have you heard from the FEO yet? A friend told me recently his took 7 weeks from posting to receiving the licence. I was told after one week by the department that the FEO had my application and to wait for a call from him, I tried them again today and got pretty much the same response. From what I gather it's a new chap taken over and he's working through the back-log. I would give them a call in the morning and ask for an update!

Dibbz

Stay calm gents, Dyfed Powys are one of the better firearm offices,I would say the norm for first application is 6 weeks, i just did a renewal over the christmas period and it took 3 weeks,and i had a new feo who was ticking boxes on his guide form so he is bound to be a bit behind while he finds his feet.

Nice to hear such praise for Dyfed Powys Police Firearms team but there has been a major restructure lately and they are up against it. Submitted my coterminous renewal early Sep 2014, visit w/c 05th Jan in certs back on the 16th Jan.

Allow 8-12 weeks for the time being especially if you are in North Powys.

However the fact that a cheque has been cashed is certainly a positive.

Phoned today to be told that my application was passed to the fao on 10 Dec, and they cant understand why he hadn't been in touch yet as theyd have expected the visit to have taken place by now, said he was going to try and chase it up so god knows what's going on

The officer dealing with the Firearms applications is literally rushed off his feet. "Fire Fighting" is the term that came to mind as my visit was 5 days before my licence expired so that gives you some idea of where they are.

Phoned today to be told that my application was passed to the fao on 10 Dec, and they cant understand why he hadn't been in touch yet as theyd have expected the visit to have taken place by now, said he was going to try and chase it up so god knows what's going on

Any news on your application yet?

Wel that's a bit annoying! Mine was sent on 8dec! For some reason as I say my cheque was cashed only on the 23rd Jan so up to 3 weeks even from that point, why did you have to ring the fao? Just wondering if I need to try that approach

I had a lot of missed calls from a private number 1 day and I thought it was them contacting me, so I phone firearms dept to see if it was them, they said it could have been the feo so gave me his work mobile number and I phoned him but it wasn't him that phoned me, I explained why I phoned and he understood and said he just received my application and looked through it, and then asked if I was free the following night for a house visit, ( probably helps he only lives 1 mile from me ) he came round and all was good, and 1 week later it arrived.

• 3 weeks later...