Best tools for the job

Pinewood for the magnet, they are very efficient due to having a brushless motor, also strong and light but not cheap but that's the price you pay for excellent quality that will last you years. A1 decoys for a flapper imo, had mine for a couple of years and still going strong.

Pinewood for the magnet, they are very efficient due to having a brushless motor, also strong and light but not cheap but that's the price you pay for excellent quality that will last you years. A1 decoys for a flapper imo, had mine for a couple of years and still going strong.

My Uksw magnet only cost me around £50. It has lasted getting on for 10 years and is still in perfect working order.

Nice, but he asked for the "best" and the pinewood wins imo for the above reasons. Budget wasn't mentioned.

You may be confusing the best with the most expensive , some that have had the pinewood ones have been less than impressed on how well they have lasted for the money and my last experience of pinewood was being messed around for three months and still not getting what I ordered , never will I use pinewood again.

I also have the basic UKSW magnet only for a couple of years but its been faultless and is also fairly lightweight compared to some.

You may be confusing the best with the most expensive , some that have had the pinewood ones have been less than impressed on how well they have lasted for the money and my last experience of pinewood was being messed around for three months and still not getting what I ordered , never will I use pinewood again.

I also have the basic UKSW magnet only for a couple of years but its been faultless and is also fairly lightweight compared to some.

Nope. I own 3 types (A1 decoys, remote light weight, pinewood) and pinewood are by far the best I have used. Each to there own :) Combined with the Deben tracer lipo I can run 2 DB's on it and a flapper for 3 day/outings without recharge. It's a light unit and so is the battery, makes life a bit easier on long hauls.

Nice, but he asked for the "best" and the pinewood wins imo for the above reasons. Budget wasn't mentioned.

Well, you implied that the extra money spent was worth it for something that would last. I mentioned that my cheap magnet had lasted for years.

Also, your pinewood magnet will not pull any more pigeons than my budget one.

Scrap everything thats been said and just get a big flask.Joking aside Pinewood are in a class of their own but come at aprice, the rest are basically all the same, but they will all claim they sell the best and everything else is rubbish.

Edited by Davyo