.177 target pellet top 10

Carman06

1st Baracuda match

2nd Baracuda match

3rd Baracuda match,,,,,crickey I forgot to fill my magazine,,,

I would NOT have 10 because once you find the right pellet that suits your rifle and groups excellent then use it,,,whatever hits the target use it,

their is an amazing amount of pellets out there, as soon as you find one that groups well over the distance your shooting then use it,

Baracuda match work well in my rifle but might not work in yours, if I was to pick 3 pellets that group well in my rifle then it would be the above pellet,H&n FTT and last but not least Bisley long range gold,

totally different for the .22,

right I,m off to find some rope now

good luck with your survey

That's my plan to be honest. I'm trying to get a set of 10 which are generally considered good to try and then find which is best for me. I don't want to buy some however which are renowned for being poor. I will then use this same set of 10 to test each air rifle as I get them.

Cheers for recommendations all going on my list to get.

1st Baracuda match

2nd Baracuda match

I would NOT have 10 because once you find the right pellet that suits your rifle and groups excellent then use it,,,whatever hits the target use it,

their is an amazing amount of pellets out there, as soon as you find one that groups well over the distance your shooting then use it,

Baracuda match work well in my rifle but might not work in yours, if I was to pick 3 pellets that group well in my rifle then it would be the above pellet,H&n FTT and last but not least Bisley long range gold,

I must admit, Evo got it right this time :lol:

+1

Basically avoid anything with a pointed or flat head (unless you only hunt bits of paper 30 feet away in which case flat heads are fine). Stick to a well known make, such as JSB (who also make Air Arms pellets along with others), Crosman, H&N, RWS. Avoid cheap brands like SMK Spitfires (about as accurate as gobbing one at the target), Bulldog and Eley Wasps ( Wasps were once great now a tragedy in a tin).

1st Baracuda match

2nd Baracuda match

This has been something of a week of hell for you, evo! Two perfect pellet requests in succession? Give it time, and the, 'which cal. is best' question will be up!

No, not sure who made that up but it holds no water. A better maxim would be head for fur, body for feather. (And .177 for both - unless its a rat then do it propetly a get poison in).

totally agree with your statement except for the last bit "unless its a rat then do it propetly a get poison in)."

that would take a lot of fun out of our air rifle shooting, nothing better than going out with the NV to pop some rats,,,,love it :good: