phesant poults

similar sort of list here http://www.marsdensfeeds.co.uk/marsdens-game-feeds at the bottom in PDF

For poults bought in most folk will use hoppers, so the birds will feed ad lib and the feeders will require topping up as and when necessary, so really this will depend on the size of the feeder, the feeders in my pens have a funnel adapted into the inside of the bottom of the 205 ltr barrel and will easily hold 100KG of feed

also worth bearing in mind....... if you need to change to a medicated / wormer feed not to over fill hoppers, if the weather is particularly wet you may have to change feed at a moments notice, this is why my feeders run with the funnel, they will continue to supply feed until they run out so can be run low, without a funnel 2/3rds of a bag will sit in the barrel, bridged up the sides a tad and could confuse worming or medication rates.

thanks for the reply, i will be feeding by hand every day, how often and how many bags would you recommend?

For healthy birds they should eat and therefore be fed the same amount whichever method of feeding you use.

Why not use hoppers, the aim is to get them to eat their fill of clean, dry, quality feed. The easiest way to acheive this is to use hoppers and move them a few feet to fresh clean ground every time you top them up.

Rain and pellets on the ground does not mix and can be a recipe for disaster, let alone pecking around in droppings with the high chaance of picking up disease.