New Air gun range

Sha Bu Le

For those in and around Washington a new airgun range is in the planning,something sadly missing in this area.

Its on the Armstrong industrial estate Washington Tyne & Wear at 15 Elswick Road.

Does not have an opening date yet as Sunderland council are putting the guy through full planning permission procedures not just a change of use.

Details I have been able to get to date are :-

3 plinking ranges, 7 target ranges, however max range is only 10 metres but hey ho its a start when it gets going.

Google Washington Air Rifle Range for intended opening times and costs. Its going to be a turn up and shoot venue and also will have a facility for youngsters.

Guys name is Ian

Cheers

Bri

did you say 10 mtrs is the max distance ???

think I,ll start letting people shoot in my living roon,, crickey I can spit that far,

seems very short for a rifle range , sorry but I cant see it doing very well

but I do wish it every success

did you say 10 mtrs is the max distance ???

think I,ll start letting people shoot in my living roon,, crickey I can spit that far,

seems very short for a rifle range , sorry but I cant see it doing very well

but I do wish it every success

Tend to agree Evo, for targets and plinking I can get 22 metres in my garden (corner to corner). Will give it a go out of curiosity when it opens, main thing in my eyes it offers air gunners the chance to meet face to face and exchange views experiences etc. Bit like a real time PW and something we haven't had here for yonks (if ever)

as you say its a start and the more places we have where people can shoot safely the more people will be introduced into our sport.

so it can only be a good thing and good luck to them,

if it was closer I would of supported it myself

Tend to agree Evo, for targets and plinking I can get 22 metres in my garden (corner to corner). Will give it a go out of curiosity when it opens, main thing in my eyes it offers air gunners the chance to meet face to face and exchange views experiences etc. Bit like a real time PW and something we haven't had here for yonks (if ever)

Have you not tried Bob Dinklys place just 10 mins down the a19 from Washington on the Elwick to Trimdon road?