Zziplex Profile GT

ack-ack

Though it cannot be denied that Zziplex make some very good rods I think it is fair to say they now carry a hefty premium for the name alone , they seem to be a must have fashion statement for a lot of anglers , the vast majority of who in no way will ever get the best out of the rod !

The only reason i use zziplex is i used to use alot of century and daiwa rods but the high builds on them now are rubbish ive seen 6 month old c curve centurys where the high build is cracking so i buy zziplex blanks and send them to terry varley to build them for me and they last absolutely years with the correct tlc :) i look at the price thing in the way that you buy what you like and can afford no different for rods guns houses or cars

I have had Zziplex beach rods for years and will only buy this brand not because fashion statement but because they are quality product produced in England by the best rod maker in the world.

I have met Terry lots of times at the UKSF casting venues and he takes pride in his product that he hand makes himself, I believe he's retiring from Zziplex shortly but I think he has someone trained up to continue in the manufacturing of these fantastic rods.

Well lets hope so.

Zziplex LT Bullet

Zziplex M427 SU

Zziplex Bullet GT (new model)

Zziplex primo

Zziplex bullet international 15yr old plus and still a great clean ground rod.

Terry will make you any rod you want but you will have a very,very,very long wait...lol

Regards

H

The only reason i use zziplex is i used to use alot of century and daiwa rods but the high builds on them now are rubbish ive seen 6 month old c curve centurys where the high build is cracking so i buy zziplex blanks and send them to terry varley to build them for me and they last absolutely years with the correct tlc :) i look at the price thing in the way that you buy what you like and can afford no different for rods guns houses or cars

I quite agree if you can afford it why not , but what I was trying to say is that a awful lot on anglers do not get the benefit of a lot of the top end rods as they are unable to compress them , they would most likely cast further with a cheaper rod but choose a Zziplex because they think that as it costs a lot of money and its what a lot of the big casters use then they will also be able to cast to the horizon.

Yeah i see your point fenboy ive got a friend who uses a pair of m4 evos for fishing and he cant cast them more than 90 yards because he cant compress them right lol

Ive also seen this on one of my local shoots when i was a beater and the heads of edf turned up for a 300 bird day with purdeys beretta so6 guns all sorts of high end weaponry and through the day we shot 5 drives and a total of 1732 shots fired and they only reached a bag of 259 which ****** me right off as we worked very hard that day for them and they didnt even care a **** about it

Not that one but I had a Zziplex bass rod, for me basically a casting tool not a fishing rod, shouldn't you be saving up ? :)

Dont suppose is was an NG2 per chance? I bought one for red gilling on the boil at Dungey and whilst it is a great caster its no fun landing anything under a couple of pounds.

(saving up is tempting fate ;-) )

Hello mate ive got a pair of them and i dont rate them at all they are soft and bounce all over the place in the wind if i was you i would by the profile evo its a much better rod and i speak from experience as i currently own 14 zziplex rods and have owned many more over the years Hope this helps cheers ben

Are you flogging them then? lol

Of the zippys I've owned the only ones I've kept are a dream machine, an NG2 which was sold as a bass rod but soooooo isnt (Its a slightly lighter beach caster) and a pair of ally butt 2500s which I wiould not part with for love nor money. The others were like broom handles as I am not a mega caster so I couldnt bend them right up and get them working.

I have been trying to get my hands on a pair 13ft 3.5tc Orbiter carp rods but these are like rocking horse eggs.

Though it cannot be denied that Zziplex make some very good rods I think it is fair to say they now carry a hefty premium for the name alone , they seem to be a must have fashion statement for a lot of anglers , the vast majority of who in no way will ever get the best out of the rod !

Big time - all the gear and no idea. Tackle tarts.

What attracted me was the action. Stiff rods lose fish in my experience.

Did you buy as blanks WB?

ack-ack over the years i've been through the linen prop and tournament casting phases. These rods are made for fishing in relatively slight seas (best for sole around here).

The best fishing for flatties on our beaches is often close in sometimes as little as 15 yards. I try to use a 2oz lead when I can get away with it. I don't need a casting pole to fish at these ranges.

You probably know the "GT" bit stands for glass tip. These rods are super sensitive and will pick up the slightest knock.

On the other hand if you want to open your shoulders these rods will cast. Up the weight to 4oz and they cast like a dream. IMO they cast better "reel down".

Quite a few of the lads in the SW use them for Smoothounds and Ray fishing, there is plenty in the rod if you need to cast larger baits.

My rods were build by Chris Dance who knows what he is doing when it comes to rod building.

Edited by Whitebridges

Are you flogging them then? lol

Of the zippys I've owned the only ones I've kept are a dream machine, an NG2 which was sold as a bass rod but soooooo isnt (Its a slightly lighter beach caster) and a pair of ally butt 2500s which I wiould not part with for love nor money. The others were like broom handles as I am not a mega caster so I couldnt bend them right up and get them working.

I have been trying to get my hands on a pair 13ft 3.5tc Orbiter carp rods but these are like rocking horse eggs.

Big time - all the gear and no idea. Tackle tarts.

ack -ack not sure if you are aware but the calibre orbiters were made on the harrison ballista blanks , so you could also look out for some 3.5 ballisters.

ack-ack over the years i've been through the linen prop and tournament casting phases. These rods are made for fishing in relatively slight seas (best for sole around here).

The best fishing for flatties on our beaches is often close in sometimes as little as 15 yards. I try to use a 2oz lead when I can get away with it. I don't need a casting pole to fish at these ranges.

You probably know the "GT" bit stands for glass tip. These rods are super sensitive and will pick up the slightest knock.

On the other hand if you want to open your shoulders these rods will cast. Up the weight to 4oz and they cast like a dream. IMO they cast better "reel down".

Quite a few of the lads in the SW use them for Smoothounds and Ray fishing, there is plenty in the rod if you need to cast larger baits.

My rods were build by Chris Dance who knows what he is doing when it comes to rod building.

I really fancy one. 22mm butt! Lovely!!!! I could hang off that all day long.

ack -ack not sure if you are aware but the calibre orbiters were made on the harrison ballista blanks , so you could also look out for some 3.5 ballisters.

I was not aware of that chap, good darts! Probably just as hard to find! I did wonder what a spod rod would be like. I rarely ping more than 125g and a single worm but need to be able to get upto 100yd in stiff quartering headwind. Its more about bite detection which id not expect to be great from a spodder. The 2.75 suverans i fish are great until it gets too weedy. I reckon a 13.75ft profile would keep me out of the floating weed a bit better and have plenty of back bone to crank a lump in.

Im unsure as to whether to sell them or not ive got a pair of m4 gts which i use for alot of my shore fishing plus a pair of bullet hi flexs for the rocky channel marks so i might flog them on and just go back to owning the 12 i will let you know either way cheers ben

I'd have scoop if the price is right. PM me if you decide to let them go. Cheers.

Nope, dead easy to find.

http://www.harrisonrods.co.uk/carprods2006.htm

I was not aware of that chap, good darts! Probably just as hard to find! I did wonder what a spod rod would be like. I rarely ping more than 125g and a single worm but need to be able to get upto 100yd in stiff quartering headwind. Its more about bite detection which id not expect to be great from a spodder. The 2.75 suverans i fish are great until it gets too weedy. I reckon a 13.75ft profile would keep me out of the floating weed a bit better and have plenty of back bone to crank a lump in.

Nope, dead easy to find.

http://www.harrisonrods.co.uk/carprods2006.htm

Good call, i'll give the chap in ashford a bell. He built the 13ft 3.5tc orbiter that i had on loan. Dear old canes! I couldnt get a price for ballista but trebuchet equivalent is nearly 400 rubs. Strike a light!!

I had a few twangs with a workmates profile and a three oz lead and it wouldnt bend, felt awful. A 5 made it work but its no bass rod.