Who's been to shooting show today?

HotShot!

Nobody has mentioned the traffic! We left at 6:30, coming from kent I wasn't sure whether to take the M1 or M40. We opted for the m40 in the end and stopped for breakfast at about 8am, bad move as we got stuck just before junction 9 where the big accident happened, finally walked into the show at 12:30 and lost the appetite to spend by then. Was looking for a Winchester sx3 but the "Managers Special" at Cheshire gun room was £80 dearer than my local gun shop. Also wanted to get a new decoy bag and groundsheet but had run out of cash and had already spent a hour looking for the stall I had seen them in earlier, why I got there they weren't geared up for card payments. Could have hone to the machine but I'd had enough. Only picked up a new set of rifle sticks and some flocked crow deeks and went home!

sounds about rite for the cheshire gun room....

Hi All

just got in from 3 days at the BSS, got chance to meet a few of you from PW and chat with a good few keen shooters

good to see a good turn out generally across the days.

don't know how good the prices were, plenty of people carrying loads of pigeon gear in carrier bags!

Flycoy

A few traders I know were really twitchy this afternoon as quite a few were seeing attempted theft, preventing thefts and Schmidt & Bender had a scope nicked again this year.

That really boils my urine. I hate theft but I was thinking it would be easy to steal a lot of things like scopes. I've seen how clever thieves are

I noticed a white pm2 had the mountings loosened probably all ready. I did inform one chap on the stall. when I was having a look through a few the blokes on the stall really wearnt keeping on eye on anything, just seemed engrossed in conversation. Unlike every other stand there was really nothing to stop you walking off with any of them.

Edited by Dougy

Went Sunday afternoon with my girlfriend who bought a lovely used Browning 525 12 bore sporting at a good price. Her father is a cabinet maker and will saw a piece off the butt for her, the company she bought it from measured her and has marked the butt where and how to saw, that will save her a good few quid.

We had a good visit, we both bough shooting jackets.

Went Sunday afternoon with my girlfriend who bought a lovely used Browning 525 12 bore sporting at a good price. Her father is a cabinet maker and will saw a piece off the butt for her, the company she bought it from measured her and has marked the butt where and how to saw, that will save her a good few quid.

We had a good visit, we both bough shooting jackets.

How much did she end up paying for that if you don't mind me asking?

I made it out with 7 jackets. 2 pairs of trousers, 4 scopes, a pair of wellies, quad sticks, two pairs of binos, a block of ballistic gel and only gave up because i couldnt carry/hide more. I offloaded my acquisitiins on a friend's stand and i think there was more kit of mine than his.

Didn't Security catch you ???

Nobody told OH not to vape. Mind with the size of his beard he could vape with a hookah and they probably wouldn't notice.

(Note that is hookah not hooker)

No issue with vaping on the Friday - I would have enjoyed a challenge as it would have taken my mind off my sore feet and focussed it on someone's facial features and then their back when they 'moved on'....

sounds about rite for the cheshire gun room....[/quote

They tried to do me a deal on a le enfield 303 deactivated with 3 bayonets, offered me £70.00 and said it was a good deal, just remember **** Turpin?

there well known for it mate, i live 20 mins from there shop and never use it....