Marcham clays - Oxfordshire OX13 6UX this Sunday?

Oxfordshooter

• 8 months later...

Oxfordshooter, you may be able to help me as I am a bit confused. I was trying to locate Marcham Shooting ground but came across two different addresses. The one you have above and then also

Marcham Shooting ground

Gozzards Ford

Abingdon

Oxfordshire

OX13 6JH

Any landmarks etc would be great also.

Are they two shoots owned by one person? In any event are you able to tell me if they are on this weekend coming 8th November and if so what times and is it fibre or plastic.

Basically I am trying to find a second shoot as I want to go to Gunsite and I think it is manageable if timing is right.

Thanks.

hello, not trying to gate crash oxfordshooters post i am sure the marcham club you mentioned is not at gozzards ford as they have new land and regular shoots at hanney. on the A338 wantage to oxford road. between east hanney and venn mill house and brook, if you come off M4 take A34 to the wantage/rutherford slip road about 8 miles and turn left follow on past rutherford and over roundabout at rowstock carry on to traffic lights turn left to steventon, as you go down hill to steventon take 2nd left just past war memorial to east hanney 3 miles to cross roads turn right and,just out of hanney 3/400mtrs on right is a farm gate which is open on shoot days, perhaps they can put a sign up on shoot days if you google east hanney map look for crown meadow then A338 letters gate is just past on right set back. hope this helps

hello, not trying to gate crash oxfordshooters post i am sure the marcham club you mentioned is not at gozzards ford as they have new land and regular shoots at hanney. on the A338 wantage to oxford road. between east hanney and venn mill house and brook, if you come off M4 take A34 to the wantage/rutherford slip road about 8 miles and turn left follow on past rutherford and over roundabout at rowstock carry on to traffic lights turn left to steventon, as you go down hill to steventon take 2nd left just past war memorial to east hanney 3 miles to cross roads turn right and,just out of hanney 3/400mtrs on right is a farm gate which is open on shoot days, perhaps they can put a sign up on shoot days if you google east hanney map look for crown meadow then A338 letters gate is just past on right set back. hope this helps

Thanks oldypigeonpopper for the information. I have been told now that the Gozzard one was the old ground and it is the Hanney one. Don't suppose you know when the next shoot is, timings it would be on and whether it is fibre.

Thanks oldypigeonpopper for the information. I have been told now that the Gozzard one was the old ground and it is the Hanney one. Don't suppose you know when the next shoot is, timings it would be on and whether it is fibre.

hello, yes it was at G/Frd the oldy ground like i thought, cannot remember if i ever went there as not done clays for 20 years. sorry no but i am sure oxfordshooter would have info give him a PM. good luck Sian

hello, just an update, there is an old broken down barn off the track through the farm gate so that is another thing to look for, good luck if your shooting sunday,

• 2 months later...