HW100KT

ShootingEgg

i have noticed that the barrel on my hw is loose. I tried to remove the silencer so i could take the air bottle off but the barrel decided to spin aswell. I know it is held by a grub screw so will be tightening this. But now the rifle is a few inches off. Would this be due to the barrel spinning. and ive read that the barrel should be in a certain position,and cross over could happen?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Adam

Edited by ShootingEgg

did you say your HW100 has a fault ???

NO WAY,,they are the best rifles ever built,,how can this be possible ???

on a serious note, how long have you had it ? also is it still under warranty ?

only other suggestion would be take it to a local gunsmith and get him to sort it,,you can do it yourself but to be honest if it has loosened the barrel then get a gunsmith to sort it, at least then you will have it back fully functional and will have peace of mind

good luck with it

ps ,,,you would of been better buying a daystate :whistling::whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Haha i am guessing maybe you are not surprised it has the problem? I actually think its a good gun, ok a little heavy but what it hits it stops... Just a little odd that the grub screw has worked loose..

I bought it a few years back, it was ex demo so warranty has definately past. So off to shop to get it sent to gunsmiths it is, unless any one in bristol area knows of a gunsmith i could take it to directly?

Edited by ShootingEgg

Get it done by a gunsmith. If you had marked the position of the barrel before trying to twist it off (via the mod) then you would be faced with a 10 second job to put it back correctly-ask whoever fixes it to put a drop of stud lock on the grubscrew when they put it back and you will be away. If this is the only fault after a number of years then its pretty good when you consider how good these guns are-chances are you may have helped matters along by tryinbg to remove the mod-it is however, as evo said, a shame that you dont own a Daystate as well-if you did then you would be on first name terms with your local repair shop and most likely get a discount for your frequent visits :whistling:

Edited by bruno22rf

if you did then you would be on first name terms with your local repair shop and most likely get a discount for your frequent visits

funny you should say that Bruno22rf,,i am on first name terms with my local gunsmith due to giving him my air arms S410 with a leak, problem was found to be rust in the cylinder caused by using a pump,, changed to Divers cylinder and never had a problem again,

he has NEVER had his hands on my daystates, but in all honesty I have seen a few HW100,s on his bench, guess what they where mostly in for, ?

LEAKS and CREEPING OVERPOWER

he does like his free bottle of GIN off me though so no wonder why I never get charged :lol::lol: :lol:

Piece off cake Shooting egg. The most difficult bit is to hold the barrel to get the mod off. ( few wrap of insulating tape, then hold in vice with blocks of wood, or similar)Take the stock off first, two allen bolts, then take mod off, un screw cylinder. You then have easy access to the grub screw. The position of the barrel matters not as its machined to go in any position, however, for convenience, put it so that the serial number lines up with "HW100" on the breech block/ left side.

Your loss of zero will be due to the barrel being loose, not in the wrong position. Unless of course, it has been slightly bent in the past.

Hope this helps :good:

Thanks for all the tips guys. And evo dont worry i may add to my collection and get a daystate.. Want an fac air rifle next. And have had the fella apart. Gave it a little clean too. Now all back together and zero'd. And the mod is now not on tight.. God knows why it was as tight as it was....

Edited by ShootingEgg

if you did then you would be on first name terms with your local repair shop and most likely get a discount for your frequent visits

funny you should say that Bruno22rf,,i am on first name terms with my local gunsmith due to giving him my air arms S410 with a leak, problem was found to be rust in the cylinder caused by using a pump,, changed to Divers cylinder and never had a problem again,

he has NEVER had his hands on my daystates, but in all honesty I have seen a few HW100,s on his bench, guess what they where mostly in for, ?

LEAKS and CREEPING OVERPOWER

he does like his free bottle of GIN off me though so no wonder why I never get charged :lol::lol: :lol:

evo

Who's your gunsmith .... Dave Duncan .... Saltney Chester? ...... great guy. :good:

Ah ah ,mmm hw 100 with a fault na it can't be ,they are bomb proof ****, why are people so surprised when they hear this i had three in as many yrs the kt 177 ,which gave 3 mags shot count ,leaked ,and the mag catch came loose.then got the FSB 177, that had a faulty valve straight out the box leaking etc got it back from HC it wouldn't group at all with any pellet 8 inch spread .that went back ,then got the 100 t in .20 cal very accurate but when you fired upwards ie into trees there was a grinding noise in the action something was loose and the POI ,changed dramaticaly so put my chrono on and fired upwards wow a loss of 70 fps HC were baffled well they didn't have a clue so that whent,then my latest hw100 t in 177 was two months ago .after two hundred pellets it leaked needed full strip down seals ,reg,etc so told em to keep it .all brand new guns .there are some very stupid comments i hear one is when it hits it drops em dead. Hello it's the pellet that kills not the make of rifle god my head hurts.

Ah ah ,mmm hw 100 with a fault na it can't be ,they are bomb proof ****, why are people so surprised when they hear this i had three in as many yrs the kt 177 ,which gave 3 mags shot count ,leaked ,and the mag catch came loose.then got the FSB 177, that had a faulty valve straight out the box leaking etc got it back from HC it wouldn't group at all with any pellet 8 inch spread .that went back ,then got the 100 t in .20 cal very accurate but when you fired upwards ie into trees there was a grinding noise in the action something was loose and the POI ,changed dramaticaly so put my chrono on and fired upwards wow a loss of 70 fps HC were baffled well they didn't have a clue so that whent,then my latest hw100 t in 177 was two months ago .after two hundred pellets it leaked needed full strip down seals ,reg,etc so told em to keep it .all brand new guns .there are some very stupid comments i hear one is when it hits it drops em dead. Hello it's the pellet that kills not the make of rifle god my head hurts.

No it sounds like you would have to use yours as a club to hit anything!

not every day you here someone slating the bomb proof HW100,s , never liked them myself but having said that I would own one if it came up at the right price

Sounds like ive opened a can of worms here.. So far touch wood, (there is enough on it) ive not actually had a real issue with it. The lose Barrel is easily fixed.. Apart from that ive had no issue.. So are they really that bad?? Also michael, after two going wrong why buy a third??? If id bought something and it breaks i would give benifit of doubt and give it another go. But not third time....

its just the PW banter mate so don't worry , no worms have escaped,,

its just some of the people on here ( who cant afford one :P:P ) slag daystate rifles off all the time and keep saying you should by a HW100 because they are much better, that's all, so its just the daystate fanatics getting our own back,,

by the way that was joking in brackets but no doubt the HW100 crew will be along in a moment to slate me :lol::lol: :lol:

bring it on you German lovers

did you say your HW100 has a fault ???

NO WAY,,they are the best rifles ever built,,how can this be possible ???

on a serious note, how long have you had it ? also is it still under warranty ?

only other suggestion would be take it to a local gunsmith and get him to sort it,,you can do it yourself but to be honest if it has loosened the barrel then get a gunsmith to sort it, at least then you will have it back fully functional and will have peace of mind

good luck with it

ps ,,,you would of been better buying a daystate :whistling::whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Dont worry Evo, a lad I shoot with has just sold his purfectly working MK4 Daystate and replaced it with a brand new HW100 .20 and that had a bad/broken valve in it and then when it wouldnt group HW said they had put a bad barrel on it in a rush job so had the rifle back a week ago to replace the valve and barrel....... He hasnt shot his first tin of pellets threw it either yet !

I havent laughed and legg pulled yet, I will wait untill he has recoverd !

Dont worry Evo, a lad I shoot with has just sold his purfectly working MK4 Daystate and replaced it with a brand new HW100 .20 and that had a bad/broken valve in it and then when it wouldnt group HW said they had put a bad barrel on it in a rush job so had the rifle back a week ago to replace the valve and barrel....... He hasnt shot his first tin of pellets threw it either yet !

I havent laughed and legg pulled yet, I will wait untill he has recoverd !

when will they learn :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for another Hi-Jack but.

Evo,

My mate jus had his HW100 back as mentioned above now with new valve and barrel. . . . .

And guess what!

The barrel crown is a mess and the probe doesn't line up 😂 O how I've laughed and pulled his leg!

He's now asked for a completely new rifle from scratch or his money back !

Sorry for another Hi-Jack but.

Evo,

My mate jus had his HW100 back as mentioned above now with new valve and barrel. . . . .

And guess what!

The barrel crown is a mess and the probe doesn't line up O how I've laughed and pulled his leg!

He's now asked for a completely new rifle from scratch or his money back !

and according to some its only daystates that are breaking down,,these HW,s are having a few problems of late so I have read about and heard, but like anything all products can have problems, just seems to be the HW of late

As ive never used a daystate, I couldn't possibly comment on the fact the hw100 must be the better rifle as i bought it.. Right evo?? ;-)

nope I,m sorry your wrong, if you would have used ANY daystate you would not have bought the HW100

Edited by evo