c1/c2 engine oil

kennett

Just been and got the bits to service my fiesta van, and accidently picked up a can of 5/30 oil, which is the right viscosity but it is labelled as C2, which from what I can find is basically the samee, but a slightly higher grade, does anyone know if it's ok to use in a 2010 1.4td Fiesta

no problem using that, one thing I would add is that engine is a sod for retaining old oil when you drain the old stuff out, too many recesses and the sump is a **** design, cut the oil change interval in half (ford interval is 12500 miles, I never let any of my cars go over 5k, hammer seven bells out of them and have never had an oil burner)

It's for diesels with a d.p.f - apparently the fumes from normal oil (that go through the breathers and get burnt with the fuel/air) can be harmful to the particulate filter.

Oil's oil to a certain extent though, it's if you run out or overfill that you need to worry

stick the wrong oil in a dpf car, you might change your mind on oil`s oil, that's why I use the Castrol website to check everything nowadays