Shooting on a Sunday

Fredwalton

I think there are some areas of Wales where it is still illegal to shoot on a Sunday.

I think you may be confusing shooting of game with shooting vermin.

Vermin can be shot any day of the week,but in the game season places like Pembrokeshire have a ban on shooting game on a Sunday.

NO, I am NOT confusing Game with Sunday shooting. Some 10 years ago I had permission to shoot my .22 rimfire on a shoot near to Welshpool. The local FEO reminded the Farmer that shooting in the old County of Montgomery was still illegal on a Sunday. I know that the old County of Flintshire was the same, hence North Wales Shooting School being closed on a Sunday and still is. So even though the County boundaries changed in 1974, it would appear that some of the By-Laws remain.

I believe that some counties are/were impacted by the ground game law from the late 1800's, which may still be in effect.. This did did not allow shooting on a Sunday but was county specific. I know it stated you could not shoot in Somerset but it was ok in Devon.... As said, not sure if this is still an active law.... I try not to shoot on Sundays anyway.. just so its a bang free day...

sundays and christmas day its illegal to shoot game (in the season) thats so the pesants who use to beat for the land owners could go to church and have christmas day off with the family

pigeons are only blue flying rats so fill your boots while you can mate

In what way are pigeons flying rats?

I think you may be confusing shooting of game with shooting vermin.

Vermin can be shot any day of the week,but in the game season places like Pembrokeshire have a ban on shooting game on a Sunday.

that law applies all over the country, you can in Scotland though if you wanted to that is

Edited by yickdaz