Which courier will deliver an airgun to your house?

m3vert

Ok folks I have just purchased a non FAC air rifle of someone on here. He tried to post it today via Royal Mail but they have refused to accept it!!! There must be a courier company out there that will deliver a perfectly legal air rifle surely??
Any help much appreciated folks.

Ok folks I have just purchased a non FAC air rifle of someone on here. He tried to post it today via Royal Mail but they have refused to accept it!!! There must be a courier company out there that will deliver a perfectly legal air rifle surely??

Any help much appreciated folks.

Parcel force

Yup Evo, seem to think it specifically parcel force 48 only for some reason :hmm:

yes turbo and mole are totally correct Parcelforce 48

if I remember rightly , didn,t chrispainter put or get his posting air rifles pinned at the top of the page ??? , just looked now and its disappeared, maybe a mod can tell us whats happened

edit,,i,m going blind as its still there

Edited by evo

I sent one this morning and TOLD THEM WHAT IT WAS, I also insured it for a £1000, the total cost was £54.20

parcel force will do it but I sent mine next day delivery but to insure it you MUST tell them what it is,, why lie ? its perfectly legal to send an air rifle (sub 12ftlb) through the post,, a FAC air rifle is a different matter as this can only be done via RFD to RFD and mine wanted £90,,total joke

if for instance it went missing then how could you get paid out, ? you would be gutted to lose your air rifle and get nothing back

It wasn't a case of lying, she didn't ask what what was in it. She asked what it was worth and have insured for £600 so presumably I'm covered whatever it is??

I hope you are bud, but insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying

It wasn't a case of lying, she didn't ask what what was in it. She asked what it was worth and have insured for £600 so presumably I'm covered whatever it is??

Yeah, you are. The way the insurance works is they have a maximum standard cover up to £2500 (I think). For some parcels this isn't enough and you can purchase more beyond the standard maximum of PF Express-48. However this isn't an option for air rifles, you can only insure it up to the max of £2500. here's the line from Parcel Force's website on insurance for air rifles:

'low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48)'.

You will be entitled to compensation for loss, but not necessarily damage.

Chris it's the text you quoted from the parcel force site:

'low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48)'.

from another page:

http://www.parcelforce.com/conditions-of-carriage#Compensation Limits and Refunds

The "Max inclusive cover" for PF express 48 is £100

Simon

Edited by Simonc_here

Chris it's the text you quoted from the parcel force site:

from another page:

http://www.parcelforce.com/conditions-of-carriage#Compensation Limits and Refunds

The "Max inclusive cover" for PF express 48 is £100

Simon

that to an extent is correct, which is why it costs you more when sending to insure it, the rifle I sent was £24 to send but I had to pay extra for the insurance to cover it which bumped the price to send it to £52 so the insurance cost me £28 to have the rifle covered for £1000

I checked this with my fishing buddie(manager or chester royal mail) everything was in order and the rifle was fully covered,,thank god it arrived ok

that to an extent is correct, which is why it costs you more when sending to insure it, the rifle I sent was £24 to send but I had to pay extra for the insurance to cover it which bumped the price to send it to £52 so the insurance cost me £28 to have the rifle covered for £1000

I checked this with my fishing buddie(manager or chester royal mail) everything was in order and the rifle was fully covered,,thank god it arrived ok

And this is why there is so much confusion if even the managers don't know what the website says how should we know which is the truth?

Directly from this page:

http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/prohibitions-and-restrictions

Chris only quoted part of the section, it says:

Enhanced compensation cover is not available (low-powered air rifles, air guns or air pistols and lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles will only be covered up to the maximum amount of inclusive cover for express48).

Hence the no enhanced cover available.

Maybe it was a different insurance product you were sold with it?