Vulpes vulpes 2

Well it all started on Friday after Grandad drove all the way up the M6 to pick up my new night vision (Thank you )

The night vision was a Starlight Arrow with a firefly on the top,i set it up on my gun at Grandads house and found there was no scope bushes in the box so i made my own from sticky tape.

I then mounted the fire fly onto the arrow and there was a load of slop in the weaver mounting so out came the sticky tape again to make the weaver mount thicker.

I then drove to one of my permissions and sat there setting it up and learning,After about an hour i saw a fox and i was not ready no call out just me sat there no bolt in the gun and no ammo in the mag ***

I tried to put the bolt in the gun and it would not go in the Arrow mounting bracket was two long for my gun,so i took the Arrow off put my bolt in the gun loaded the mag up and then i went to pull the bolt back and it would not go far enough back to load a round.

The fox buy this time was well gone :no::no: i however wanted to throw the thing out of the window and run over it.

I got home at 23:00 lay the gun out and asked myself how am i going to do this as i did not want the lift the scope up anymore,so i cut 30mm off the end of the Arrow mounting bracket and the i found some bushes off my Pulsar (PERFICT) :lol:

Went out on Saturday to take the dog out so i took my Range finder and found from where i was sitting on Friday night i could see a gate 343 yards away only in a small dot thou.

Went out on Sat night and put my caller out set up the firefly and was happy i could load my gun and see things with the night vision watching rabbits etc.

I turned the caller off had had a play with the night vision and started to look at the gate that was 343 yards away a ****** me there was a pair of eyes looking at me so the caller went on and i could see it screaming up the field towards me i was busy making the ir bigger it got very close and stopped i pulled the trigger and down it went in an instant.

It ended being a dog fox at about 90 yards.

PHEEEEWW :good:

Youngie

post-66262-0-59870600-1424027709_thumb.jpg

so my hasty trip up the m6,for someone whos very impatient paid off,,glad it worked ok young un.

Thanks Grandad :good::good: i owe you big time.

Spoke to starlight today and they are going to sort me out.

Very happy with the Arrow now thanks.

Grandson :lol:

Well done mate , come good in the end :good:

Thanks \

Magman :good::good:

Got some more good news tonight a farmer phone and said i have been recommended by another farmer and i have been asked to go and see him he has 900 Acres.

I feel very privileged now as i have over 6000 acres to shoot on :good::good::good::good:

Best Regards

Youngie

Thanks \

Got some more good news tonight a farmer phone and said i have been recommended by another farmer and i have been asked to go and see him he has 900 Acres.

I feel very privileged now as i have over 6000 acres to shoot on :good::good::good::good:

Best Regards

Youngie

Thats good but you do no there's only severn days in a week and your already out eight of them :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Well the plot thickens.............

Got a phone call yesterday by a farmer who keeps a lot of ducks and Chickens he said there was a fox or foxes trying to get into his chicken pen,so off i went last night armed with my xtrema and 223 fox pro cat food.

Set up in the farmers yard and his wife came out with a cup of tea,i set the foxpro to chicken in distress 2 and set the starlight arrow up on the cz 527 and in the hedge row was a fox just sat there scratching it's self just like a pet dog.

The shot was 117 yards so i just put the cross hairs on it just about to pull the trigger and a car came into the farm and the fox bolted not to be seen again.

The night was clear and frosty with no wind so i decided to call it a night.

I will be back Sat night for another go..... :yes::yes::yes:

Youngie

Thanks \

Best Regards

Youngie

Thats good but you do no there's only severn days in a week and your already out eight of them :lol:

I feel like that with just over 1000 acres! Daft though it sounds, I'm finding it even harder now that there's nothing about; I still want to do some good but can't! :ermm: