millies wolfheart

ShootingEgg

Has or does anyone use this food? My boss feeds his lab on it and is very happy with it. At the moment i am feeding my springer pup on skinners field trial puppy. And am finding he produces alot of waste, and not always firm. Is that something other field trail users would say is normal? I am possibly looking to switch foods so anyone using millies or have used? Pros cons etc??

Cheers

Adam

To be honest I haven't found any kibble type food that keeps them firm all the time. I've tried Skinners, CSJ, Arden Grange, Autarky - you name it I've tried it! Strangely enough the cheapest food (CSJ) is the one that seems to keep them the most consistent in terms of both pooage and condition!

I spent a lot of time looking into these and must say for the cheaper brands CSJ was the best in terms of ingredients etc in my opinion. Super dooper if I remember rightly. Then beyond that there was not much in it until you hit the very expensive ones like hill's and burns, and what sets those apart is being wheat free.

• 2 weeks later...

A late entry to this thread, but I feed both my dogs Millies and I rate it very highly. Both dogs waste is as firm as it should be and really consistent. My gordon is a rocket ship and she will cover 4 times the ground the golden will, she was struggling to maintain weight so put her on a 50/50 mix and it has worked a treat. The customer service from Millies is excellent too, I would highly recommend to give them a try.

A late entry to this thread, but I feed both my dogs Millies and I rate it very highly. Both dogs waste is as firm as it should be and really consistent. My gordon is a rocket ship and she will cover 4 times the ground the golden will, she was struggling to maintain weight so put her on a 50/50 mix and it has worked a treat. The customer service from Millies is excellent too, I would highly recommend to give them a try.

Have a bag of gamekeeper mix to move mine onto in the next few weeks.... Think.its 60/40 mix but have heard good reviews so far..

Have a bag of gamekeeper mix to move mine onto in the next few weeks.... Think.its 60/40 mix but have heard good reviews so far..

Both of mine were on the gamekeeper mix and it was good, just the Gordon didn't keep enough weight on so we moved onto the gun dog mix and that did the trick. We just give the golden a wee bit less as it's easier just to have one type of food for both dogs.

In 20 odd years of having dogs this is the best complete food we have used.