Wanting a new 4x4

Xr1200

Can't decide what to get I've got a money pit of a range rover and my old faithful defender, fancy a disco 4 put read the horror stories then I think a shogun then a land cruiser then I think shall I get a brand new defender before they stop making them then contemplate a hilux

Can't decide what to get I've got a money pit of a range rover and my old faithful defender, fancy a disco 4 put read the horror stories then I think a shogun then a land cruiser then I think shall I get a brand new defender before they stop making them then contemplate a hilux

May be a wise move as they could go up in value :yes:

remember if your a BASC member you get a discount on Toyota's

And many other manufactures as well.

Lexus-Ford-Volvo

Land Rover-Subaru

Nissan-Isuzu

Mitsubishi-Honda-Audi

Mazda

And I can give you a deal on my Great Wall which I am about to sell. :good:

"This will make the Doubters come out of the woodwork" :oops::lol::lol:

I have the vw Amarok,although it's never got stuck and I have had it in some poor conditions and we were all surprised it actually got thru the mud and sloops I put it thru..

But I keep looking at the Isuzu and think it could be a good choice and alternative to the Hilux Amarok and l200 etc.

It tows as much as a defender too..

If I were to get another pick up it would be a Isuzu and if it it wasn't a pick up I would go for Toyota landcruiser or Mitsi Shogun.

I'm picking up a nearly new Defender on Saturday. I think you either love 'em or hate 'em. Personally, I have a soft spot for Landrover because my dad worked for them for most of his working life. There is something, I don't know how to describe it, that's puts a smile on your face when you drive one.

Picking up a new Labrador puppy on Friday so, all in all, a magical two days ahead!

I drive a 300TDi Defender (and love it), but wouldn't buy a new one if you gave me the money to buy it. The old ones are cramped enough but comfortable. The new ones with the wafer thin panels, electric doodads (to go wrong) and cramped interior due to that stupid dash (add aircon and you really need to be a double amputee to fit into the drivers seat). Besides, it doesn't even have proper opening flaps under the window! No thank ee sir.

Get the Isuzu.

Edited by mick miller

I would be tempted by the Browning spec shogun that was at the shooting show last week. Top quality motor and something a bit unusual as not many about. Bit more than the standard top spec shogun but interior is really really nice and it comes with a custom built boot floor to keep the 2 525s they throw in for you.

I'm picking up a nearly new Defender on Saturday. I think you either love 'em or hate 'em. Personally, I have a soft spot for Landrover because my dad worked for them for most of his working life. There is something, I don't know how to describe it, that's puts a smile on your face when you drive one.

Picking up a new Labrador puppy on Friday so, all in all, a magical two days ahead!

Oooooh, what have you gone for ??

I'm the same there is just something about them

• 11 months later...

Go hilux and see it keep a good chunk of its value in future. I know half a dozen lads with them and all love them some are on their third one. Few have L200's and one has a D-Max and this is the best for mpg and pulls big trailers no problem with no sign of wear to the transmission. No rust either.

The 2015 L200 barbarian with the latest engine is quite quick for a pick up. My dad had the Amarok and it felt huge I wasn't fussed but he liked it.

I've had a Ford Ranger Thunder never ever again, the chassis rusted some of the bodywork had bits of rust blisters at three years old Ford didn't want to know and fobbed us off for a year, in the end we got rid of it.