10 bore imports

rjimmer

I think Fausti took over E. Rizzini who made the early Lincoln 10 bores. Fausti do a 10 bore called the Dallas with 26" and 32" barrels for the USA market. I fancied a 26" 10 bore but can't find anybody that imports them. SGC used to import Fausti guns but I have not had any response to my enquiry. Are there enough PW people interested to persuade them/someone to import, say 10-12?

I think Fausti took over E. Rizzini who made the early Lincoln 10 bores. Fausti do a 10 bore called the Dallas with 26" and 32" barrels for the USA market. I fancied a 26" 10 bore but can't find anybody that imports them. SGC used to import Fausti guns but I have not had any response to my enquiry. Are there enough PW people interested to persuade them/someone to import, say 10-12?

yes looks right money wise

I would take any information from that site with a grain of salt. There is no citing of source material for the costs (that I can find) and some of it is patently wrong. For instance, on the base 'shotguns' page he quotes:

"I have discovered that in most cases, I have figured out the ranges for 3" Magnum, 3.5" Magnum, and in some cases, things like 28-Gauge 2.5" shells wrong. You can easily tell if the figures have been corrected, since the longer shells will have more range than the shorter shells. Until I am able to go through all the Shotguns pages and correct everything, here's a quick fix: for 3" Magnum shells, multiply the range of the 2.75" shell (all the ranges of the 2.75" shells are actually correct) by 1.2. For 3.5" Magnums, multiply that 2.75" range by 1.2, than multiply that by 1.2 again. For the .410 2.5" shells, divide the 2.75" range by 1.2."

I think we can all see the folly in that information.

Also, consider that the price listed against a Beretta EELL is shown as < $500. I wouldn't trust anything listed on that page.

thanks,

rick

I would have thought that the $ price aught to be a lot less in £ but in rip-off Britain......

I have a photo of this gun in a shotgun Encyclopedia and did try to find it on there web site so you had better luck than me . it a plain looking gun but I would be very interested in one of these if a shipment could find its way to the uk

I have a photo of this gun in a shotgun Encyclopedia and did try to find it on there web site so you had better luck than me . it a plain looking gun but I would be very interested in one of these if a shipment could find its way to the uk

There was a 26" O/U by E. Rizzini in Gun Digest or Shooter's Bible a few years ago. The initials on the butt pad of my 32" Lincoln suggest it was made by E. Rizzini, so I am thinking the Fausti Steffano gun may be based on it. Once there is enough interest shown on this thread, I suggest we all individually approach SGC, requesting they investigate the possibility of importing them, offering a deposit to weed out the messers. I fancy a 26" barreled 10-bore.

I would take any information from that site with a grain of salt.

Also, consider that the price listed against a Beretta EELL is shown as < $500. I wouldn't trust anything listed on that page.

thanks,

rick

I suggest you tell Paul Mulcahy, 10438 Louisburg Dr, San Antonio, Texas, 78245-1321, United States, Phone: (210)675-4020 what you think, as it's his site. Then we might find out more.

I very much doubt they will be such a attractive price once the importer has added some to the price , he will then most likely not deal direct so a gunshop will also want a slice of the pie , add to that import tax etc and the figure is going to be much higher.

Good luck though if you try to do it .

None, OK they are new, now I know.

Thanks

Most people would say an AYA matador 10 takes some beating, but weight for weight O/Us seem to handle 'lighter' than SbSs. My Winchester Mod 23 is proofed for 1-7/8 oz of lead but I don't fancy putting 42gms of steel through it like I can with the Lincoln 10, using gauge-mates.

I very much doubt they will be such a attractive price once the importer has added some to the price , he will then most likely not deal direct so a gunshop will also want a slice of the pie , add to that import tax etc and the figure is going to be much higher.

Good luck though if you try to do it .

I thought most guns bought in this country were imports, and subject to the appropriate taxes, if any(we are in the EU). SGC have been importing other Fausti guns.

Hi

Very interesting thread

Much appreciate the work you have put in researching this

I wasn't aware there were so few big guns imported or the difficulties of obtaining one

Would it be worth talking to a rfd or agent for the importer to see if a deal could be done

Best of luck

All the best

Of

That's why I am looking for some people with commitment. If a dozen people are interested, it might be worth it to SGC perhaps.

I thought most guns bought in this country were imports, and subject to the appropriate taxes, if any(we are in the EU). SGC have been importing other Fausti guns.

They are , but the examples you have shown are priced in Dollars , by the time they get into this country they are going to be much more expensive .

For instance the Beretta A300 extrema is available at Cabellas for $999 , which at the current exchange rate is about £666 , you will be lucky to find the same gun (cammo version ) for much under £1200 in the uk .

As I said I hope you can sort it out but not sure if it will work.

They are , but the examples you have shown are priced in Dollars , by the time they get into this country they are going to be much more expensive .

For instance the Beretta A300 extrema is available at Cabellas for $999 , which at the current exchange rate is about £666 , you will be lucky to find the same gun (cammo version ) for much under £1200 in the uk .

As I said I hope you can sort it out but not sure if it will work.

Compare the price of European scopes in America with the prices in the UK. The prices of Fausti 10/89s on European websites appear to be about €700-€750. Thanks for bringing the thread back to the top.