New fowling gun for new season

grahamch

Help please - have used autos, side by sides and ous this season and done not brilliantly with any of them.

Any recommendations for a new fowling gun are welcome please:

Main criteria, hp steel proofed low maintenance and useable by a left hand budget £1500.

Had been thinking about a Super Vinci

I think you will go a long way to beat xtrema 2.. I'm also a lefty ..

If you buy any new gun .. most Gun shops have a fitting service now ..most autos come with shims and spacers to alter the stock ..

I would also pattern your gun with a selection of decent steel cartridges. To see which patterns through your gun the best and stick with that cartridge and load . Gambore mammoth . 3" , eley lighting 3" And theres the New RC range in 3" all very good cartridges ... do your home work with your new . Gun it's surprising what a difference it makes to your shooting ..

WW.

Edited by washwildfowler

Stay well clear of the super Vinci is my advise to you. My brother got one at the start of this season. The first one wouldn't cycle anything other than very large loads so that went back and they sent him another.

The second the magazine tube just fell in bits one night while out ducking. That went back and out came another.

The third is the best yet, he was out ducking one evening it was raining hard. Got back to the truck and noticed that the camo around where you hold it on the stock and forend had rubbed off.

So he has just sent that one back!

Just looked on Guntrader and prices for new ones range from £800 to £1390 for what appear to be the same gun, any one know what a sensible price to pay would be?

Yes the safety can be reversed , but it recommends a remington authourised dealer does it in the manual , but I am sure any gunsmith could do it in a few minutes.

The Versamax sportsman is cheaper version , it has less chokes , no soft comb insert , trigger lock , non slip inserts , spare beads etc , but the action is just the same .

Seems that the versamax does vary in price , I paid £850 for mine S/H a couple of years ago , they do seem to hold their value S/H but I have now seen new ones on offer for similar money.