Call birds.

I am a keen trapper of Magpies but would not contemplate starting before the end of March.

If the bird is left out overnight in these cold conditions it will not survive and whoever is irresponsible enough to start this early in the year runs the risk of being prosecuted for animal cruelty by any anti who might happen to notice the trap.

Good job too I say, as Magpies are doing no harm at this time of year and there's plenty of time to trap them if you know what you're doing through the Spring and Summer months.

Speak to your local Gamekeepers, they won't be daft enough to trap this early, only muppets and numpties who don't know know much about the game are dumb enough to start in February.

Cat.

So do we not get cold weather or even snow at the end off March kennett, it just comes down to common sense you don't but your traps where there going to get blown about by the wind, and as a keeper I have always started at the end of febuary beginning of March, and know plenty off keepers that have being catching for a few weeks up and down the country. This time last year I had cought well in to double figures.

Each to there own I supose.

Not trying to prove a point, just saying every one out there has there own ways and means off doing what they do. This is just my way.

There is to many people to critics others on here and I bet half would even know what to with an Larson trap let alone any other ways of trapping, they are just key board warriors waiting to have a dig at people.

Haha rant over.

Yes good number showing and started second week in February last year. But struggling to catch my first bird this year. Hopefully get a bit of sun and they will move better.

I`ve been told a day old chick (snake food from the pet shop) placed on the perch in a Larsen trap is a cert to catch.

• 2 weeks later...