Orgasmic flight line and Jasper's first words.

JDog

Some boxes packed and office chores done and the dogs needed to go out for a walk. I headed for the flight line where I have enjoyed some success of late and I arrived there at 2pm.

These birds are now wise to the gun and either flew wide across the field to get to their chosen spot or they flew high overhead. By high I mean 35m to 60m. The line was not strong but it was constant and to me the birds on it represented the very best that pigeon shooting has to offer. I started off well then I tried to shoot some beyond my capabilities and missed four in a row. It was at that stage that Jasper spoke his first words. 'Daddy', he said, 'you are a useless g*t' because he failed to understand just how difficult and high the pigeons were. I forgave him for his lack of understanding.

My shooting did improve and I shot some real corkers much to Jasper's pleasure. Having taken two boxes of cartridges I had one left when I packed up and I picked sixteen pigeons with three dead ones stuck up in the 3m high brambles.

I have photos on my phone and until I learn how to get it from there into Picasa there they will stay.

I had some good flightlining last year....which lasted a month -6 weeks then it finished............so you are lucky that you are still burning powder at them......well done as usual.. :good:

(e-mail the pics to your computor....save them and then post them ....if you have an i-phone)