Brighter Bars on Decoys?

Dyl003

Recently purchased my first decoys, 18 flocked shells from UK Shoot Warehouse.

They look fine, but I notice the wing and neck bar is pretty faint. When I see real wood pigeons the bars and extremely prominent, white and visible from a long way off.

Do you suggest I paint these so they stand out? What's the thinking with this and if so what do you use to paint them?

I put white UV paint on the neck bands of all pigeon decoys I buy.

I have no idea if it makes any difference, but it makes me feel better. :)

I DO THE SAME DONT KNOW IF IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT MAKES ME FEEL BETTER THINKING IT DOES

SPRAYED NON FLOCKED DECOYS WITH A LIGHT GREY PRIMER SPRAY AS WELL LIGHTER SEEM TO WORK BETTER OVER WINTER RAPE SO BRIGHT WHITE MARKINGS OF ANY KIND MUST HELP AS WELL

I have to touch up all the neck rings on any new decoys I buy. I have no idea why the manufacturers can't get it right. I also have no idea why so many decoys have huge green neck rings, either. I personally think the quality of finish (colour - wise) of flocked decoys has got worse over the past few years.

I have to touch up all the neck rings on any new decoys I buy. I have no idea why the manufacturers can't get it right. I also have no idea why so many decoys have huge green neck rings, either. I personally think the quality of finish (colour - wise) of flocked decoys has got worse over the past few years.

I agree Motty, they resemble some ferals

This is something we can agree on, 100%!!

The trouble is, whilst we are still prepared to pay full money or continue to buy them and do some DIY they'll never improve.

Stop buying them or return them for full refund and things may change.