Looks promising

fenboy

I had a look around a few maize strips last week , i was disappointed that I found nothing worth setting up for and with my farmer normally keen to plough the covers in I though my chances of a early decent sized bag had gone.

I decided to have another look today however , on the way to the farm I noticed some pigeon heading high over the road , they were coming from a mile or so away it seemed .

I pulled over and watched where they were heading , and it was soon evident they were heading to one of my maize strips , I drove through the farm and within 100 yards of the strip and could not believe my eyes , in 30 years of pigeon shooting I have never seen so many pigeon packed into a small area, it was literally difficult to see the maize through the grey of pigeon , even better they were still pouring in from several different directions .

So fingers crossed tomorrow could be a good day , sometimes these situations do not always turn out as expected but things do look very promising indeed.