Hello from Kent

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello! I have just got my first shotgun certificated (still waiting for it to turn up 4 weeks later)! But have my first shotgun reserved, a Beretta 686 s. I have shot several times at Greenfields in Canterbury and really enjoyed it. I have a real interest in sporting and field sports, and am hoping to have the opportunity to do some rough shooting soon. I am a keen cook and would love to be able to prepare a meal from gun to pan to plate (sad i know!).

I am hoping that i can meet up with people to shoot clay or the real thing. I currently live near Rainham in Kent but hope to move to Langley (near maidstone) soon.

So... thats me - feel free to say hi and if you are up for laughing at a noobie / showing someone the ropes / socializing then please say hi and get in touch.

Edited by SheepAreHilarious

Hello and welcome to p,w from another Kent member,if you are a keen clay pigeon shooter why don't you check out the pigeon watch charity shoot North v South on the event and meets page :) all the best vince

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/303167-pw-charity-shoot-nvs-2015-discussion-thread/

Edited by Ireland71

Hi there Vince - That would be great - but i would hate to let the side down - very much 'novice' level here - do i get a handicap of +50%! :lol: Looks good though, if i get some practice in i will be up for a go!

hi there,it's not about what you can or can't hit, its all about having fun and meeting new people,I myself am a novice I just enjoy it and I have a good laugh :)

hi there,it's not about what you can or can't hit, its all about having fun and meeting new people,I myself am a novice I just enjoy it and I have a good laugh :)

Thats ok then! Yes i may well see if i can make it - am in the middle of moving house but should be fun!

Hi and welcome from another Kent shooter. I shoot at Greenfield's regularly

Hi Stewart - well if you fancy some company let me know - can only do weekends really due to work. Hopefully should get certificate through the post any day now (surely!) So i plan to be down there the first weekend i can!

• 1 month later...

Whey! The shotgun certificate finally arrived yesterday and today i was most fortunate to be off, so took the hour drive to pick up my shotgun that has been on reserve with Chris Potter in Tonbridge Wells for a good 2 months now.

Not only did they look after it for me without a deposit - which i offered a few times, but the price was reduced by nearly £75 when i paid AND they threw in a cheapie slip case for it! I am so chuffed not only with the gun itself, but the amazing service I got as a total newbie. No condicening or impression that i was an effort to deal with, but kind, honest service, a careful fitting - they spend a good hour with me on the saturday I went and were VERY busy with people queuing. Just wanted to give them a little plug really if you are in the area - really great.

anyway - Back to my excitement. I will try and what a few pictures up - but im sure you have seen better and more exciting guns. I have a Beretta 686s in fair condition. However i brought it to use it not to show it so probably for the best! Hoping to get out tomorrow for a qucik test before i go away on holiday..... would almost rather stay now!