• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

part A date of sale OR transfer

part B name and address of person selling OR transferring firearm

part C state whether sold,let,given or lent

etc etc

This is the relevant passage which you may have missed above Table 1.

3. Any circumstances attending the transaction which appear to require investigation must be reported within 48 hours to the chief officer of police who granted this certificate. If you are selling a firearm which will be sent or posted to another dealer for the buyer to collect in person you should complete this table and notify the police. The dealer who actually hands over the firearm should not complete the table or notify the police.

Personally if I was buying a gun private I would want to view it before I paid for it so I would go and view with my licence with me for if the gun was as described. I would not send my certificate to someone I don't know as it could be anyone on the other end of an advert. If the gun was to far to travel to view it I would look for one closer by.

This is the relevant passage which you may have missed above Table 1.

3. Any circumstances attending the transaction which appear to require investigation must be reported within 48 hours to the chief officer of police who granted this certificate. If you are selling a firearm which will be sent or posted to another dealer for the buyer to collect in person you should complete this table and notify the police. The dealer who actually hands over the firearm should not complete the table or notify the police.

i think personaly that could open up a whole can of worms as the guidance of the cert holder quotes please ensure that anyone wh sells ,lets on hire , gives or lends you a firearm reads these notes !! nothing to mention of transfering as in part A & B if thats the case then my local feo needs further education because as stated in previous post done just that (transfered).reading allcompliance notes says nothing with regards to transfering firearms from rfd to rfd nor are there any on the home office guidelines,,

also the piece missing is ( except in circumstances which may require investigation as above ) to me its quite self explanatory if the certificate is read correctly, nothing to mention transfer

Edited by ROBLATCH

Sensible perhaps, but not in accordance with the law.

There's nothing in the law to prevent an individual transferring a firearm to an RFD or in that RFD shipping it to another who then transfers it onto another private individual's certificate. This is just people bowing down to another bit of pointless beaurocracymade up by jobsworths.

I had an RFD transfer from Dibs off here last week and my local RFD just added it to my cert when I picked it up.

So he is unaware of this change too

I had an RFD transfer from Dibs off here last week and my local RFD just added it to my cert when I picked it up.

So he is unaware of this change too

This was quoted to me before I sent this gun off so I rang Essex Police. The guidance says the transferor will enter it on the ticket so if you take it to a dealer and they book it into their records you have effectively transferred it to them. they send it to another dealer who enters on their records and they then become the transferor and enter it onto the SGC. Essex Police are not aware of any changes and confirmed this was still the correct method.

will be interesting if they are right but sounds like interpretation of new wording which may be incorrect by some dealers or forces. It doesn't make sense to have to send an original sgc in the post and effectively make a blind sale to someone.

There's nothing in the law to prevent an individual transferring a firearm to an RFD or in that RFD shipping it to another who then transfers it onto another private individual's certificate. This is just people bowing down to another bit of pointless beaurocracymade up by jobsworths.

WELL ! So well said !

Nothing in the Law stoping me sending a Gun to another RFD (RFD to RFD )

Then the RFD i'm sending it to "Sells" it Face to Face !!!!!!

There is no way on the planet i'm putting a gun on a license without seeing the license holder "Face to Face"

The bunch of Norks can Kiss my fat one !