whats the perfect gun for hide shooting ?

Daz Harrison

whats your budget?

For pure hide gun,probably a semi.....although for a rough walk about gun probably an old s/s fits the bill...aya etc..personally don't have a semi(Im old fashioned)!..these days for hide/walk about a 20g invariably comes out the cabinet...what have you tried?what experience have you?......

section 1 auto. 24 inch barrel.

i use my beretta 1301. its designed to be a practical shotgun so has a short barrel, 10+1 capacity, oversized controls (charge handle, safety) and has a hogged out loading port and ejection port.

easy to use with gloves on due to the oversized bits and holds enough lead in the magazine to not have to worry about reloading every couple of shots.

ive not used a better gun for shooting from a hide.

I really dont think it matters, just put the lead in the right place. Chris Green does very well with his SxS and George Digweed doesnt seem to suffer with his OU in a hide either !

Autos and pumps can be good and I use them too, but a jam is a pain and so is picking up the emptys, where as with a SxS or OU its easy to drop them in a bag or bucket.

ATB

Matt

i use my beretta 1301. its designed to be a practical shotgun so has a short barrel, 10+1 capacity, oversized controls (charge handle, safety) and has a hogged out loading port and ejection port.

easy to use with gloves on due to the oversized bits and holds enough lead in the magazine to not have to worry about reloading every couple of shots.

Sounds the dogs dangly bits.

the way i shoot i'd have to sell a kidney to feed that all day :lol: