Gloucestershire Wildfowlers Association

Sportingrodandgun

Hi Everybody.

I'm really interested in starting Wildfowling next season and the GWA are ideally placed for me geography wise. I tried contacting them through the website but have had no response. Does anyone have any contact details I could try?

Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help!

Hi, quite a few of us GWA members on here. Best person to pm is reabrook on here, he will be able to sort you out.

AGM is at the end of next month and that's when next years membership becomes due, when you join it will be as an associate member. What this means is that you are required to be accompanied by a full member when out on the marshes, then to progress to full membership there is a bird ID test and you must have shot the main club marshes.

Before the season starts there are marsh walks held where you get to view the marshes in good light, this way you can see access points and boundaries etc.Then in the early part of the season the club hold associate flights where the associates shoot en mass with full member guides, not only is this a great way of getting the marshes ticked off the list but also gives you the opportunity to meet full members who may be able to take you out.

Hope that gives you a bit of info, but if you need any more just shout.

Hi, quite a few of us GWA members on here. Best person to pm is reabrook on here, he will be able to sort you out.

AGM is at the end of next month and that's when next years membership becomes due, when you join it will be as an associate member. What this means is that you are required to be accompanied by a full member when out on the marshes, then to progress to full membership there is a bird ID test and you must have shot the main club marshes.

Before the season starts there are marsh walks held where you get to view the marshes in good light, this way you can see access points and boundaries etc.Then in the early part of the season the club hold associate flights where the associates shoot en mass with full member guides, not only is this a great way of getting the marshes ticked off the list but also gives you the opportunity to meet full members who may be able to take you out.

Hope that gives you a bit of info, but if you need any more just shout.

I think SP3 above has pretty much nailed it. I'm happy to take PMs or phone calls (pm for number) and answer any questions you may have. We are currently looking for members and though getting full membership may sound daunting it really is not. Put the effort in and you could/should be shooting unaccompanied by December.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys/gals

Just joined PW this morning. Been keen on shooting and gun dog training for the last 3 years, never really been into forums, but have made the decision to have a go and see how it all works. Any advice on how to get the most out of it would be appreciated!

I've just completed the application for Gloucestershire wildfowlers so any GWA members out there I hope to meet you all soon. May be a little surprise that I'm from Staffordshire and have made the decision to try and join GWA it's a 2hr drive to frampton but I tried your try wildfowling scheme and it was fantastic. Everything about your club from me to first enquiring to meeting my guide was great and I really enjoyed the day. So anyone out there that wants to try wildfowling and lives a distance from the shores dont be put off. Set that alarm for 3 leave the house by 4 and you'll be sat in the mud and the cold by 6!!!!!! Fantastic nothing a hot thermos of to tomato soup won't solve. Love to hear from any GWA members and make some new friends. Happy hunting everybody!

It's a brilliant club, i myself joined as an associate member last season, having never done wildfowling before i was a little unsure. However the help and advise i got was awsome, the members are very welcoming and do there best to help novices out. For anyone looking to join i doute you will be disapointed, i know i wasn't & look forward to putting my name forward for continuied membership.

Try and get out on the Marsh walks and the associate shoots......great opprtunity to get your bearings and meet a few of the members. Don't be shy, if you want a member to take you out just ask, (PM me for my number if you want anything /company - i drive from Solihull) Looking forward to seeing you there

Dan

Hi guys/gals

Just joined PW this morning. Been keen on shooting and gun dog training for the last 3 years, never really been into forums, but have made the decision to have a go and see how it all works. Any advice on how to get the most out of it would be appreciated!

I've just completed the application for Gloucestershire wildfowlers so any GWA members out there I hope to meet you all soon. May be a little surprise that I'm from Staffordshire and have made the decision to try and join GWA it's a 2hr drive to frampton but I tried your try wildfowling scheme and it was fantastic. Everything about your club from me to first enquiring to meeting my guide was great and I really enjoyed the day. So anyone out there that wants to try wildfowling and lives a distance from the shores dont be put off. Set that alarm for 3 leave the house by 4 and you'll be sat in the mud and the cold by 6!!!!!! Fantastic nothing a hot thermos of to tomato soup won't solve. Love to hear from any GWA members and make some new friends. Happy hunting everybody!

hi Ben glad you liked the taster flight ,see you in September cheers neill.

Sorry I didn't stick around for long afterwards hedge hunter as I had work early in the morning. (I'm also a little bit shy TBH! I was the guy with the long hair and ivory jeans sat at the back of the room.) I'm planning on attending as many of the summer events as possible so I hope I run into you at some point. Genuinely looking forward to being a part of this!

Al.

Belive me mate, i'm sure you will love it. The guided marsh walks are great, very infomative. The associate flights are also brilliant, gives you a real feel of proper fowling, you get the buzz instantly. Well i know i did lol. Yeh hopefully i'l be attending some of the fishing trips planned, but if not i'll deffo be there for the associate day get together, it was a great day last year, clay pigeon shooting, pattern testing, bbq plus got to meet other members. Hope to see you aroubd soon, cheers HH