NEW Walther RM8

fog horn

I was talking to a gunsmith yesterday , now according to him,, he said that the original Walther Rotex R8 seemed a very good gun and he had not had any guns come in with faults but since AUDI have made walther change the name to just Rotex he said he has already had a couple of rifles in with mainly air leaks and one with a magazine that would not cycle at all,everything looked fine and it cocked fine but the mag would not rotate when in the rifle,

with regards the trigger adjustment not to sure but will see if I can find out, hopefully one of the lads will be along to enlighten us both

Edited by evo

When l got the "R8", it came with the one magazine. All was fine, but being only an "8" pellet magazine, l decided on picking up a spare mag. The spare mag l bought initally wouldn't function correctly .. l tried going through the bolt action process but it wouldn't revolve. What l'd failed to do was lubricate the toothed drive centre gear .. couple of drops of 3 in 1 oil and its been faultless ever since .. not missed a single selection. The original magazine has been flawless since l purchased the rifle ... might get myself a third mag .. l like the idea of taking enough magazines to hold enough pellets for a complete shooting session ..

• 2 months later...

Hi Guy's

A newbe to this site, though not to air rifles :-)

I have had the R8 for a few weeks, and I'm really happy with it in general. There are some points though.

Accuracy does drop off after 80 shots or so, that is restored with a bore cleaning kit.

Accuracy is terrible if you use a barrel mounted bi-pod.

But other than above the accuracy is superb, the attached photo is rapid fire 8 shots at 25m, which was better than the careful aiming shots i done just before!

Phil

post-74671-0-81520700-1431547464_thumb.jpg

I had an RM8 and mine appeared to have a 2 stage trigger on though it was a bit wooly so could have been a faux 2 stage (ie false first stage).

I was talking to a gunsmith yesterday , now according to him,, he said that the original Walther Rotex R8 seemed a very good gun and he had not had any guns come in with faults but since AUDI have made walther change the name to just Rotex he said he has already had a couple of rifles in with mainly air leaks and one with a magazine that would not cycle at all,everything looked fine and it cocked fine but the mag would not rotate when in the rifle,

with regards the trigger adjustment not to sure but will see if I can find out, hopefully one of the lads will be along to enlighten us both

Complete knob rot. I had an R8, stiff cycling on the bolt, woefully underpowered, it had to go back. The RM8 that replaced it was leagues above it, faultless bolt cycling, nicer trigger. Both had a truly great shot count too (over 100 per fill).

Thanks Hyflier (one whiskey drinker to another ) :-)

I was truly gob-smacked with the grouping rapid fire!

Hi Secretagentmole, my R8 seems a bit clunky on the bolt, but i just put that down to being new. Though to be fair, I have fired a 0.22 long rim fire, and that felt clunky too.

BTW, the grouping in the above piccie was RWS superdome 14.5gr.

My other guns

HW90 gas piston

HW45 pistol

And in the 1980's FAC colt 45 1911 ACP lol