Car Insurance

andypaint

In January some plonker drove into my stationary fourtrak in a supermarket carparts. He did no damage to my car so I didn't claim, I just notified my insurance as per the terms of the agreement. He caused £1200 of damage to his honda, and cctv showed it was him to blame and take liability.

Just had my insurance renewal through and it's gone up £200 due to him driving into me. Been on comparison websites and all gone up, peeved is an understatement at the moment. I didn't even claim, so is this the norm?

Unfortunately I think that is normal. The logic is just because you didn't claim you were still in an accident.

I've had the same when I asked how much my excess was as someone scratched my bumper in a car park, I didn't claim or even give any details as it was just a passing comment but it was entered into the system and my insurance went up.

had this when I was involved in a fatal accident. said they were loading the policy, they said we don't do that but it was up over £100. got same price as old through LV. look for companies that class no fault accidents. cos you can be in a accident that's nothing to do with you. ATB with your search.

It's a 'No Claims Bonus' and the contract is you with the insurer so if you didn't claim and you write to make that clear your bonus will not be affected. Had same situation recently when an idiot in a supermarket car park hit me when reversing. No damage to my car, he claimed £1000 of damage and tried to claim off my insurer, but no witnesses and circumstances favoured me. Aviva initially said NCD affected until I pointed out the terms of the contract I had with them!

If you have no intension of making a claim don't mention it,I did this when I had some storm damage to the guttering on the house.I only notified it and said because of the excess it would be better I just pay for it my self.Learnt the following year a notification is classed as a claim lol,work that one out.

If you have no intension of making a claim don't mention it,I did this when I had some storm damage to the guttering on the house.I only notified it and said because of the excess it would be better I just pay for it my self.Learnt the following year a notification is classed as a claim lol,work that one out.

Had no choice but to notify my insurance as other person who hit my car had lot of damage, and he took my vehicle details at scene. So they had my registration number to give to his insurance.

Had no choice but to notify my insurance as other person who hit my car had lot of damage, and he took my vehicle details at scene. So they had my registration number to give to his insurance.

Oh,his insurance company would have a legal obligation to notify yours then.Isnt it a rip off though,although you have no intension of claiming you still end up getting stung

Edited by Davyo

• 4 weeks later...

In January some plonker drove into my stationary fourtrak in a supermarket carparts. He did no damage to my car so I didn't claim, I just notified my insurance as per the terms of the agreement. He caused £1200 of damage to his honda, and cctv showed it was him to blame and take liability.

Just had my insurance renewal through and it's gone up £200 due to him driving into me. Been on comparison websites and all gone up, peeved is an understatement at the moment. I didn't even claim, so is this the norm?

Need to make sure it went down as non fault accident and that the database has been updated- that the claim has been closed and all costs have been recovered from the 3rd party insurance company.

NF claims shouldn't make £200 difference on your future policies unless your basic premium is like £2k. Renewal with same company may go up as they want to get rid of you

Apparently it went up because I was involved in an accident, be it my fault or not. I shopped everywhere and due to incident my premium has gone up. I'm currently doing a no win no fee claim on the other party to recup my expenses, now where's my pain killer's for my stiff neck!