Wow! .... What have you got to do to loose your FAC?

Katash

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting to know the full story of when the police visited, Did they trespass to get to his shed? Did he tell them to leave? And they refused or was it just like was reported, there must be something that hasn't been reported for him to keep his licence. A threat to kill would normally mean licence revoked.

Note my "?". I do not know the full story as to what happened. Do you? It is perfectly feasible that the judge recognised certain aspects of the case that caused him to act as he did. They're not all bent - well I hope they're not or we're all in trouble.

Agree. However, this judgement, at first glance, sits very uncomfortably next to the judgement against the young farmer, Bill Edwards, who lost his appeal for his certificates yesterday, despite never having been charged with any offence, let alone convicted.

I see that he was sentenced to 8 months, and although the sentence is suspended, it still counts and so makes him a prohibited person for the next 5 years.

So, although the judge (who clearly doesn't understand the firearms legislation) decided not to revoke his certificates, I'm sure that the police will do so, in fact there is no way that they can do otherwise, as he is now a prohibited person.

They just don't do it immediately.

What they do is to seize the certificates, firearms and ammo, then they make the decision to revoke, then they go through the process of pretending to investigate the circumstances, then they get an ACPO rank officer to pretend that he has made the decision himself.

Same result - a bit of a non story really.