FAC Finally Arrived!

cpaulc

Update to :http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/295017-fac-finally-posted/

So it has taken about 5 months, but I was granted what I asked for;

.22lr +mod for vermin control

.243 +mod for deer and any other lawful species.

For those interested, this was with West Mercia and was my first application for FAC. I've done lots of target shooting with cadets previously, and have spent a while gaining experience with lots of different people with different calibers. I signed onto an 'introduction to stalking' course with a local guide. Also, I had a good number of known (to my FAO) people offering to take me out on the deer to start with. I could prove i knew carcas handling, as my line of work involves lots of bushcraft survival type bits including deer. Finally, I had a good size chunk of land that had already been cleared up to .306.

Now the hunt for rifles begins, although the .243 may have to wait until I've paid for my upcoming wedding.

Well done.don't forget to go with that rifle your going to need a scope .can I just say I like many have bought this scope and that some good some bad.and I like many have settled on a Schmidt bender scope and thought should of saved money and just got one in first place.just a thought fella.

Update to :http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/295017-fac-finally-posted/

So it has taken about 5 months, but I was granted what I asked for;

.22lr +mod for vermin control

.243 +mod for deer and any other lawful species.

For those interested, this was with West Mercia and was my first application for FAC. I've done lots of target shooting with cadets previously, and have spent a while gaining experience with lots of different people with different calibers. I signed onto an 'introduction to stalking' course with a local guide. Also, I had a good number of known (to my FAO) people offering to take me out on the deer to start with. I could prove i knew carcas handling, as my line of work involves lots of bushcraft survival type bits including deer. Finally, I had a good size chunk of land that had already been cleared up to .306.

Now the hunt for rifles begins, although the .243 may have to wait until I've paid for my upcoming wedding.

Finally a bit of good news. Congratulations :) Good luck with your wedding also!

well done on getting your fac through

may I suggest that a .243 would make a wonderful wedding gift from the bride to be :lol::good:

:lol: