What 240v heavy duty hoover to hoover up rubble and dust

Mungler

Ok, I'm smashing my house to pieces and it's constant dust and small bits of pea sied rubble and plaster everywhere.

I need a 240v heavy duty no bag vacuum cleaner and probably something with a decent filter that doesn't clog / is easy to clean.

I bought a 1200w hoover from Wickes (their own brand jobby) for thirty something quid and it looks the part, makes the right noise and is great for about 2 minutes use until the filter gets a sniff of dust when it then loses all suction.

Any recommendations?

We have a Henry hoover at work and I don't rate that either before anyone suggests one.

The best hoover from my youth was something called an "aqua vac" it had about a 3000 w motor, made a noise like the world was ending but it could such a tennis ball through a hose pipe. But they don't seem to make them anymore.

Cheers to the PW massive knowledge base.

Everything seems to come with a 1200 watt motor. The one I have at the moment has a 1200 watt motor and it's just not enough.

Anyone use anything meaty and over 1200 watts?

I've looked at the machine mart webby and they all look the same. I don't think you can beat a user recommendation over what the manufacturers say.

Try a brush and shovel you lazy so n so. :P

I don't think it wipl make a difference what vacuum cleaner you buy! Even the Dyson claim of no loss of suction is a load of tosh. I used mine after a house remodel, and it clogged the filters. It's the fine dust that causes the problem!

Bagged vacuum cleaners using paper bags would be the best bet! The paper lets very little dust through to the motor filter. Cloth bags, while cheaper as you wash and re use them! Bit like the old geronimo's :D let all the fine dust through and cause more work than they are worth!

Sweep the worst up, leave windows open and buy an industrial blower. Set the blower up at either a window or a door aiming outward. Once the dust is disturbed, it will be drawn toward the fan and out of the window, door!

Vacuum what is left and it should be a lot easier!

Numatic NVDQ570-2

I use one with my wall chaser and it sucks all the dust up, so I can grind chases without making a mess.

It's got twin motors as well. It uses bags, but I bought a reuseable bag for it.

An asbestos removal client of mine has just recommended this.

I think we have a winner.

Cheers all.

Henry hoover :good:

You dont rate them but my henry (£30 fleebay second hand) has seen me through two house renovations. The first house was back to brick job so little henry had to cope with allsorts.... I have used it and abused it and it keeps sucking like a good en!

If it fits up the pipe is has it!!!! (finar finar) :D

Seeley PC477 twin motors to give 2400w.

77 litre stainless drum and filters, no bag.

They are around £400. We have one in OH,s workshop.

I have a Numatic George in the house which is also excellent and comes with a filter with a zipped bag instead of paper ones as an optional extra.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

It's marketed as the hetro version of the Henry.

Mine will be with me in 3 days and I'm genuinely excited

Haha

Glad its not just me that gets excited by these things, I spent an hour and a half picking a chop saw last week

Left with new saw and ended up with the stand to go with it, was like Xmas getting home and unpacking it