Air Rifle Pellets

Marksman1997

I can get Air Rifle Pellets at a very Cheap Price by Buying Directly from John Rothery Wholesale. Looking JSB Exact .22. Although Minimum Order is 30 Tins per Outer.

What i want to know is:

Could they Go Bad after a very Long Time? (I shoot alot but 30 tins and 500 pellets in each is ALOT) (It just depends i could shoot a tin in a day at targets or 15 Pellets in a week at the weekend out hunting it just Depends.)

Is there any real expiry on Air Rifle Pellets? (They will be kept in a ammo safe)

I had Wasps before that i got out of a Shop .177 and they were all Deformed? (And it was a older tin)

lead pellets can oxidise, but I would imagine if they are stored in a dry place and the tape on the tin is intact it should not be a problem, only thing that might happen is if you have a different batch pellet it might not group, some thing you need to consider if using them for target work

lead pellets can oxidise, but I would imagine if they are stored in a dry place and the tape on the tin is intact it should not be a problem, only thing that might happen is if you have a different batch pellet it might not group, some thing you need to consider if using them for target work

+1

If you were worried about the pellets oxidising then you could open each tin and give them a few drops of lube each, or sell 20 tins and keep 10.

The latest Wasp pellets are already deformed before they go into the tin at the factory,shame really, the old BSA and Webley guns used to love them.

As above, you are better off buying in bulk,a lot of the guys in my club do it to keep the batch the same for better accuracy.

Edited by lineshooter