What colour is the dress?

pegasus bridge

I'm getting the feeling I'm missing something.

It's been on the news as apparently it has "gone viral" on t'internet.

The actual dress is black and blue, but the photo of it is over exposed (I think that is correct?) so to most people it looks white/gold or maybe light blue and gold. But some see it as black and blue.

On my laptop, if I look straight on it looks light blue and gold to me, but tilt the screen slightly and it darkens and looks blue and black. (Also the bottom half is less over exposed so it turns blue/black (to me) first when tilting the screen. In fact even looking staright on, if I scroll the picture so that only the bottom half is visible it is almost black/blue to start with.

Edited by HW682

Good grief. It doesn't take much to set the social network world on fire.

True.

But I can understand why people find it interesting that two people can look at the same picture and see apparently totally different colours. So they each think the other one is mad and so send it on to some friends for a second opinion and so it spreads.

True.

But I can understand why people find it interesting that two people can look at the same picture and see apparently totally different colours. So they each think the other one is mad and so send it on to some friends for a second opinion and so it spreads.

I take it all back. I've just looked it up, that really is interesting.

For the record it's gold and white and anyone who sees blue and black is clearly a witch and needs burning.

It's been on the news as apparently it has "gone viral" on t'internet.

The actual dress is black and blue, but the photo of it is over exposed (I think that is correct?) so to most people it looks white/gold or maybe light blue and gold. But some see it as black and blue.

On my laptop, if I look straight on it looks light blue and gold to me, but tilt the screen slightly and it darkens and looks blue and black. (Also the bottom half is less over exposed so it turns blue/black (to me) first when tilting the screen. In fact even looking staright on, if I scroll the picture so that only the bottom half is visible it is almost black/blue to start with.

Are you sure :) they was on about it on the radio on the way to work tonight , the dresses designer said it was white and gold :lol: black / blue , white / gold it will not match my handbag and stilletos anyway :lol:

Not even in the (all too often) bastion of male chauvinism, that is PW, is there any escape from that bloody dress !!!

From Twitter through Facebook and radio to prime time TV the coverage of that dress is overwhelming.

EDIT: It's white and gold.

Edited by grrclark

Are you sure :) they was on about it on the radio on the way to work tonight , the dresses designer said it was white and gold :lol: black / blue , white / gold it will not match my handbag and stilletos anyway :lol:

It was black and blue on the TV news. Then they put it in front of a white background, shone bright light on it and played with the exposure of the camera until it "overloaded" and went white/gold to simulate what had happened to the photo.

(Edit: wasn't really paying much attention at the time, it might have been a different dress where they showed the effect.)

Edited by HW682