I chose the easy option.

JDog

Today I returned to the valley where I had seen a good flight last Wednesday. The flight line changed in the three days in between and it was further away from the road and I decided that three fields of slog with all of my kit just might not be worth it so I travelled with just a gun, cartridges and a net. I was in position just after ten.

The flight line was broad, sometimes high sometimes very low and by no stretch of the imagination could I reach even 10% of the birds passing over the valley to the rape fields. There was no point in putting out decoys as I was in some scrubby bushes away from the field. This was flight line shooting.

I packed up at 1:30 in time to get home, shower the dogs, clean my gun and start watching Scotland v Italy. I missed the first ten minutes. I carried 35 pigeons a long way back to the car.

Edited by JDog

35 with no decoys out, cracking bit of shooting that! I shot 47 today on a flightline across a stubble field bordering a block of rape, but had the magnet/flapper and decoys out to try and draw them....that was the easy option as well as it meant we could drive to our position. 35 is plenty to carry back too, shame about the Scotland result!