Help - Can I return a new unused gun?

RossM

I bought a new Beretta 686E Evo today. I'd gone for a 30" barrel version but when I got to the shop they only had a 32". At the time it felt ok but couldn't compare it to a 30" so bit the bullet and purchased. Now I'm home and compared it to my current 30" Lanber it doesn't feel right and I now regret the purchase. The shops now shut so can't ring to find out and I'm worried they might not refund me. I haven't fired a round from it yet. I'll give the shop a ring on Monday but can't worrying I've just wasted a lot of money.

If you buy something in a shop and then decide you don't like it, the store has no obligation to refund or exchange. If they have a policy on returns then they must stick to it but that's it in law. Distance selling, ie buying over the phone and interwebs, is different and then you have 14 days to return unused goods if you don't like them.

RossM - I did the same the other week but actually shot mine when I got home. I was told that they wouldn't except it back or they would automatically take off 25%. All I can say is that the gunshop was gr8 they did knock off £100 from a £1800 gun because I'd shot it but they couldn't be helpful enough to help get the gun that I was happy with. Go in and explain the situation and I'm sure they will understand.

Evening all,

Phoned the shop yesterday and they told me to bring it in to exchange. They've ordered me a 30" no quibbles. So all good. Excellent service from Malmos so far :-)

You won't go wrong with Malmo guns... Top outfit to deal with...

Malmo=No problem

Best gun shop around by far!!!

If the OP had said the shop was Malmo, his worries could have calmed a lot earlier.

The best shop by far, in my limited experience of buying guns in North Wales, Northumberland, West Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Norfolk and West Midlands.

If the OP had said the shop was Malmo, his worries could have calmed a lot earlier.

The best shop by far, in my limited experience of buying guns in North Wales, Northumberland, West Yorkshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Norfolk and West Midlands.

I didn't want to name them until I knew it was good publicity, just need to wait now until it my new one comes in!