How clean for MOT.

felly100

Evening chaps.

I've got to MOT my truck on Monday. Beforehand however I've got to go and check a load of mole traps on a hill farm and the underside will be clarted with mud.

I know it's respectful to clean it,but the timing will be tight,does the chap need underneath to be clear to check brake pipes etc.

Thanks.

John.

Edit.

Wrong section,I know.

Edited by felly100

if its that dirty the tester can`t check things with out major scraping or leaving themselves at risk of any type, they can refuse to test, happens more in the high end test centres as they can`t be ***** cleaning all the **** in the test bay afterwards, refused to test a few times over the years, really its a case of putting over the right attitude, the tester would rather it be dripping water on them than get covered in all sorts

mine too, along with a million air fresheners and other assorted junk hanging off the interior mirror, s'funny what boils your blood isnt it :lol:

mine is no water in the screen wash, if they can`t be bothered to fill that, what else have they ignored, too many rely on the test as the only care their car/truck gets

If they're happy to mot a car/ with a couple of inches of s### on the underside I don't know that I'd describe them as a "good" garage

Then again they've got to do what they've got to do after all ive seen a few on here moaning about spending money on their cars but will happily give their rfd or gunsmith thousands

When I was in the trade a chap brought his in and it looked like he had drove through a herd of cows it had blood and guts everywhere mixed with tones of cow muck and the inside smelt like cracking open a old coffin we refused to test due to hygiene reasons and told him if he cleaned it we could do a mot.

We never saw him again

It's a pet hate of mine when testing bikes.

Always best to turn up with a well presented motor for test. Puts the tester at ease that it's not a **** covered death trap that will come back to bite him later on.

Don't blame any tester for turning away any motor that's blathered in muck.