Paided days

Hammhomm

Been looking around for pheasant days this coming season and keep coming across "paided pigeon days"

Now, these are fairly new to me as I've never heard of such a thing until recently, has anyone who has had a paided day, especially on winter rape justified it???? Please don think I'm being snobbish etc etc, as I am purely just curious.

Being in agriculture I just walk out the front door and start whack and stacking pigeons or hang on the window with my .22 live and pick the odd one off, I understand I'm lucky to be in a possible to do so and don't really take full advantage of 2000acres, we have had people ask to shoot but we've had some quite frankly strange and dangerous people here and that's enough to put any farmer off.

But these people charging 50-70 pound a day to sit in a rape field in February must be laughing there way to the bank!!! And probably have off shore accounts to store it.

So my question is what's the draw to a "paid pigeon day"?????

Regards

All to there own, I don't offer paid days or go on them, likewise I don't care if someone does either.

It's funny really, I'd be terrified of offering paid days and not delivering, I've offered a couple of free days in the past on here when we do 'pigeon drives' and get inundated with messages, some very pushy, even fell out with what I thought was a reasonable chap as I didn't get back to him within the unknown 20 minute reply charter.

Too much hassle either way, I tend to use friends of friends if I need more guns.

I have been down to the beasleys on a few occasions good days out somewhere different and a break from my normal work work work fit a bit of shooting in when I can routine,amount of birds shot was not the issue plenty of birds up here ( or was?) just the simple fact that for a few days as said I had a break some easy no rush shooting, good digs, few pints and a meal in good surroundings in the evening all in all a very pleasant way to have a break must do it again, you about Will?

KW

you are right it s a shame people have to pay but some of us have no choice as i do not , i live in middlesex long gone are the farms the fields where as a lad i used to sit with the pigeon shooters and watch, and long gone is the chance to speak to a farmer or 2, when i was a lad ( long time ago ) i had the use of shooting around Newbury with friends through the group i was with , then came the by pass that took it away also i had some in the berkshire area with a group of friends , this was lost over time by the employment of a new under keeper and a builder that had lots of friends , in the end as they lived near and we did not the place was always full , the fact that we gave up weeks for our holidays to assist the keeper and beat on every day for him did not seam to matter , in the end you just move on we were their for some 20 years , now at the ripe old age of 58 ,after having the guns in the cab for to long with friends ether moved away or dead , i am confined to clay shooting and paying for some sport when and if i can afford it , ( semi retirement semi wage lol ) but this is what you get from liveing in a built up area , how do you knock on doors when you don't have the country side on your door step it is not exceptable to me to drive to an unknown area and knock on doors as i would not want to encroch on anyones shooting , so a shame yes, a necessity yes, or it is give up the guns ? not going to happen , ps not long joined this site and it is refreshing to be able to be involved and see the comments and views . just my reason i have to pay pete

I have been down to the beasleys on a few occasions good days out somewhere different and a break from my normal work work work fit a bit of shooting in when I can routine,amount of birds shot was not the issue plenty of birds up here ( or was?) just the simple fact that for a few days as said I had a break some easy no rush shooting, good digs, few pints and a meal in good surroundings in the evening all in all a very pleasant way to have a break must do it again, you about Will?

KW

sounds ideal