finally got my Jimny :D

WinchesterDave

Well I've been looking at Jimny's since before i started driving so well over 2 years ago now...I've always know that's what I have wanted.

anyway, this week my parents and I had a 'serious' look on auto trader and we found a nice two tone blue and grey 2008 Jimny for sale in Preston. ..this particular one had been for sale for at least 2 months.. phoned them up and got an appointment for yesterday at 12 to go and see it and potentially buy it. Was made up, really excited and woke up with butterflies Saturday morning.

had a text at 9.16am from the garage saying someone had phoned up that very morning and put a deposit on it, the morning I was going to see it and potentially buy it after it being for sale for over 2 months... just my luck I was absolutely gutted...

Anyway every cloud has a silver lining, told my parents about it they couldn't believe that someone had just put a deposit on it and said get on and to trader and look for another one...so I did and came across one that had only been either the night before or that very morning, and it was only 34 miles away....and it was 2 years younger than the one I was initially going to see...and it was in a lovely dark graphite grey colour with black out windows.... suddenly I didn't feel absolutely gutted and excited again... told my parents they really liked it...phoned the garage and headed to them an hour later.

Got to the garage and it was just wow! I fell in love with it. It was awesome!looked over it, under it and in it and it was great..

Took it for a test drive... myself and parents loved it...and well did the usual, hagal lol...came to an agreement and bought it...!!!:D pick it up next Saturday

IMG_20150301_102636_zpswpgtpvgc.jpgIMG_20150301_102707_zpspdk5uzii.jpgIMG_20150301_102735_zpsfjjuticl.jpg

It's the best first car I can imagine having and a hugggggeeee thank you to my parents for helping me out with it:))

It's a cracking example and this week in uni is going to go soooo slowwwllyyy.

Atb

Dave

Edited by WinchesterDave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent! I don't know you but I'm made up for you! It was ment to be - wish you safe and fun motoring!

ahhh cheers mate! I still can't believe it genuinely made up:) it seems like it was meant to be defiantly :)

Looks great - best colour for a Jimny too

yeah the colour is great:)

Got some nato green paint here lol.great little motors just perfect for decoying or lamping be care full and enjoy it.

haha I'll stick to the grey ;)

made up for you dave can I ask how old are you

cheers, I'm 19 why mate

Great buy, drive safe as they don't roll well.......! Believe me....

Have fun but be safe...

Tedly

thanks mate. Getting worried now everyone is saying drive safe haha...? I'm not one to take corners fast and I'm not a boy racer type lol..:P

Tidy motor enjoy it for what it is :good:

yep it is :) I will do much prefer driving slow in a jimny than trying to go fast in the likes of a corsa haha Edited by WinchesterDave

I'd suggest MT's rather than AT's

had AT's fitted to my vitara 2yrs ago, didn't look all that much different from normal tyres, then last week I bought some new MT's via evil bay, delivered the next day and I found a garage to fit them, the amount of people that have commented how much better they make the car look

WP_20150224_13_42_58_Pro%20-%20Copy_zpsp

Better get that number plate changed, its all fuzzy! Old Bill will have you for that :whistling:

haha ;)

cant believe a young chap wants such a nice car are you sure you don't want a corsa or a saxo with wide wheels and tyres that catch the archers and an exhaust that makes it sound like an old tractor going down the road

haha yes mate the jimny is definately for me, that kind of car does not float my boat haha the jimny is a great looking little car and I love 4x4s :)

Do MT's make a huge difference in mpg though

I've no idea, I've never been one to keep check on mpg, simply fill it up when I need to, mine tends to drink if I do over 70mph,

the tyre size was 215 65 R16 and that's what the MT's were, however side by side the MT's stood a good 20mm higher, even the boy and wife noticed it when getting in, saying the car felt higher, saved me paying out to get it lifted :lol: